Job ID R0055559 Date posted 12/05/2020
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Data Scientist Senior - Computer Vision/Deep Learning (100% Remote Available) for the San Antonio Home Office I.
Uses advanced techniques that integrate traditional and non-traditional datasets to enable analytical solutions; Applies predictive analytics, machine learning, simulation, and optimization techniques to generate management insights and enable customer-facing applications; Builds analytical solutions leveraging internal and external applications to deliver value and create competitive advantage; Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to non-technical employees.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Partners with business leaders across the organization to define business problems and research questions; Serves as key resource and Subject Matter Expert (SME) on cross functional, matrixed teams to solve highly complex work critical to the organization.
- Builds large and complex information sets; Integrates and extracts relevant information from large amounts of both structured and unstructured data (internal and external) to enable analytical solutions.
- Conducts advanced analytics leveraging predictive modeling, machine learning, simulation, optimization and other techniques to deliver insights or develop analytical solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Serves as key resource and Subject Matter Expert (SME) on efforts to develop scalable, efficient, automated solutions for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- Works with IT to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features.
- Builds and maintains a robust library of reusable algorithms and supporting code such that research efforts are based on the highest quality data, are transparently conducted, are able to be productionized and are reproducible.
- Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to non-technical employees to enable understanding and drive informed business decisions.
- Maintains academic and industry relationships for the purposes of research; Maintains expertise and awareness of cutting edge techniques, technologies and potential business solutions.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Quantitative Economics, Statistics, or related field.
- 6 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years in predictive modeling, large data analysis and computer science
- Experience in stochastic modeling, machine learning, and other advanced mathematical techniques (e.g., neural nets, simulation, graph analysis)
- Solid experience in at least one compiled language (e.g., Java, C or more or more) and one dynamic scripting language (Python, PERL, Ruby)
- Highly competent at data wrangling and data engineering in SQL and SAS as well as advanced machine learning (ML) techniques using Python; comfortable in cloud computing environments (Azure, GCP, AWS).
- Hands-on experience developing products that utilize advanced machine learning techniques like deep learning in areas such as computer vision, Natural Language Processing (NLP), sensor data from the Internet of Things (IoT), and recommender systems; along with transitioning those solutions from the development environment into the production environment for full-time use.
- PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Quantitative Economics, Operations Research, Statistics, or related field with coursework in advanced Machine Learning techniques (Natural Language Processing, Deep Neural Networks, etc).
- Experience in reinforcement learning, knowledge graphs and graph databases, Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs), semi-supervised learning, multi-task learning is a plus.
- Experience in publishing at top ML, computer vision, NLP, or AI conferences and/or contributing to ML/AI-related open source projects and/or converting ML/AI papers into code is a plus.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.