About This Role
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for coordinating the generation and consumption of data for various business initiatives on next-generation data platforms.
- Assists with the development of models, analytic processes, and reports. Provides guidance on the development of data consumption processes.
- Provides data and technical consulting during data application design. Provides technical consulting on data composition and data engineering.
- Provides support for deployed data applications and analytical models. Identifies data problems and guides issue-resolutions.
- Ensures data governance policies are followed by implementing and validating data lineage, quality checks, classification, etc.
- Partners with business and technology teams to develop data applications. Identifies business data ingestion and processes frameworks. Coordinates and obtains data application requirements from the business. Translates business requirements to development teams. Assist with developing and testing processes. Coordinates data application and model deployments and validations.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis, business analysis, data application programming, ETL development, next-generation databases, or related field
- Experience using SQL on a daily basis
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in data analysis, business analysis, data application programming, ETL development, next generation databases, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 2+ years of Cloud experience (AWS)
- Experience with an ETL tool like Abinitio
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.