As a Principal Consultant for Data, you are passionate about data and technology solutions and are driven to learn about them and keep up with market evolution. You will play an active role in delivering modern data solutions for clients including data ingestion/data pipeline design and implementation, data warehouse & data lake architectures, cognitive computing and cloud services. You are enthusiastic about all things data, have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, are tech savvy and have a solid understanding of software development.
In this role you will be helping to grow the Rackspace data practice. You will be the expert in the region and support sales, pre-sales and delivery of our data projects on Azure. As the local expert you’ll be involved in presenting to customers and at events as well as promoting our capabilities to Azure. As the Azure data team grows there is opportunity to become a mentor and leader for the Azure Data practice and help shape the data practice.
More generally, Principal Consultants are the cornerstone of our delivery success, overseeing our most strategic accounts. They are empowered to make key delivery decisions and work closely with technical resources as well as our Engagement/Project Managers to ensure our customers experience successful outcomes.
The Principal Consultant needs to understand client's business and technology requirements within their domain, identify gaps, areas of opportunity, and design future state improvements as well as providing pre-sales support for engagements.
· Lead, define and implement end-to-end modern data platforms in support of analytics and AI use cases
· Collaborate with enterprise architects, data architects, ETL developers & engineers, data scientists, and information designers to lead identification and definition of required data structures, formats, pipelines, metadata, and workload orchestration capabilities
· Address aspects such as data privacy & security, data ingestion & processing, data storage & compute, analytical & operational consumption, data modeling, data virtualization, self-service data preparation & analytics, AI enablement, and API integrations
· Be the technical liaison between customers and engineering teams
· Be a big data evangelist by educating a variety of customers on the value of cloud and data services
· Present recommendations to clients using both written deliverables and face-to-face discussions
· Develop deep relationships with clients and act as the single point of contact for client executives on data engagements
· Directly collaborate with the sales team to formulate and execute a sales strategy to facilitate the adoption of AWS data offerings.
· Lead the professional services elements of relevant data proposals and RFP/RFI responses, including scope, effort, pricing models and SOW development.
· Guide customers during big data and cloud adoption by:
Understanding drivers of technology change
Building business cases to undertake technology change
Lead discovery sessions with stakeholders, including interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, client on-site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and data analysis for technology change
Identify gaps in customer maturity and capabilities in relation to their data strategy.
Identify areas of opportunity, and recommend future state improvements
Work with Engagement / Project Managers to plan the delivery of data projects, including budget, delivery resources, partner engagement, schedules and responsibilities.
Accountable for the successful outcome of data and related engagements from both a delivery (schedule, deliverables etc.) and commercial (revenue realization, budget etc.) perspective.
Lead the effort to find creative approaches to problem solving and identify, mitigate, or escalate delivery risks and issues.
· 5+ years' experience leading engagements from design to implementation of creative data solutions leveraging the latest in Spark based modern data platforms on public cloud
· At least 2 full lifecycle data platform deployments on Azure using 1st party Services
· Strong Spark, SQL, Data Modeling, Data lakehouse concepts.
· Strong programming / scripting experience using python and scala.
· 5+ years' experience architecting solutions for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional sources such as structured, unstructured, and semi-structured using SQL, NoSQL and data pipelines for real-time, streaming, batch and on-demand workloads
· 3+ years' experience with analytics/data management strategy formulation, architectural blueprinting and effort estimation of analytics
· 3+ years working in cloud or multi-server complex environments. Extensive experience with Azure is required.
· Ability to simplify complex technical concepts into an easy-to-understand non-technical language to facilitate, communicate and interact with executives and business stakeholders
· Ability to deal with ambiguity by making the appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
· Experience with Agile development methods in data-oriented projects
· Experience with Dashboarding and Reporting Tools used in the industry (Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, etc.)
· Certifications in architecture, data engineering and development from Azure.
· Knowledge of software configuration management environments and tools such as JIRA, Git, Jenkins, TFS, Shell, PowerShell, Bitbucket.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.