We are expanding rapidly, and hence, we are seeking new, experienced, and hands-on team members who think outside of the box (and are not afraid to share their thoughts), deliver unique ideas and work in a fast-paced environment.
As a driven agile team member, the engineer works in a manner that is independent and proactive, identifying opportunities for exploiting a large already existent database of health sounds, iterating rapidly on MVP prototypes for new methods of data collection and analysis, informing strategy regarding product, building models using cutting-edge ML and signal processing techniques, designing data pipelines for ongoing model validation and improvement, and applying intellect and creativity to drive forward the field of "acoustic epidemiology".
- Guide the AI team’s approach to capturing, analyzing, processing, categorizing and predicting health events from sound data
- Work as a bridge between the AI and back-end teams
- Design and implement new modeling, signal processing, and event detection approaches
- Build scalable/robust infrastructure for model training
- Design and code pipelines for systematized, automated model testing and performance/accuracy quantification
- Automate pipelines for deploying and version-controlling models on production
- Carry out ad-hoc and exploratory analyses in collaboration with the AI team and research partners
- You are deeply familiar and comfortable with Python and Tensorflow, as well as associated audio libraries (Pyaudio, Librosa, etc.).
- You have both theoretical expertise (principles of modeling and validation) as well as practical know-how (able to quickly turn an idea into an MVP script)
- You are comfortable with a diversity of data structures, databases, etc.
- You have domain-specific experience in audio processing
Extra: Familiarity with R, web applications (Flask, Django, Shiny), statistics, study design, public health, medicine, security, privacy
Come and join our international and collaborative work environment as we strive towards our vision of improving the lives of people with respiratory conditions. Apply today to help shape the future of healthcare.
Hyfe offers attractive benefits:
- Flexible working hours
- Workstation support
- Employee stock options