We are looking for a skilled and motivated Analyst to join the MyFitnessPal Business Intelligence team. This individual will serve as an subject matter expert on MyFitnessPal’s key marketing focused areas of Competitive Intelligence, Marketing Brand Testing, and Partnerships. The role entails exploring data pipelines, driving analytical insights, creating dashboards, and the ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity.
The Business Intelligence team at MyFitnessPal is the pulse of the business; responsible for KPIs, monitoring alerts, AB testing, data democratization, and strategic insights.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a primary contributor to the growth and analysis of our marketing channels and become a story-teller of how they move the overall business
- Provide requirements when data integrations are needed to support marketing partners to further analysis
- Perform analysis that provides measurement of marketing contribution through pre/post analysis and matched market testing
- Provide diagnostic support when results are not achieved or metrics are not reached
- Form strong relationships with marketing partners to help provide the story of how marketing efforts help the business hit the north star kpis
- Create tableau dashboard(s) when new views or data sources are needed
- Partner with various stakeholders to determine data requirements, perform impactful analyses, and communicate recommendations
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- BS in an appropriate technology field (Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of technology industry experience within business intelligence or analytical function, ideal candidate will have at least 1 year working with AB testing and/or 1 year with reporting on lifecycle or paid acquisition datasets
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Amplitude (Looker, PowerBI, etc.)
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience with project management and managing relationships with internal stakeholders (Marketing, Data Engineering, etc.)
- Cultivated Curiosity - We are looking for someone who enjoys seeking the truth through data - if you ever found yourself bringing in out-of-the-box datasets and theories because you just had to figure out why a number moved, this is the job for you.
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.