Position: Business Data Analyst
Location: Los Angeles or Remote
GEM (dailygem.co) is a consumer life science company pioneering new applications for our human and planetary nutrition.
GEM has nurtured an ecosystem of thousands of humans across the US who believe in nourishing differently. We are a kaleidoscopic team of driven, passionate, curious, collaborative humans who all love to test & learn and challenge the status quo. We're looking to build an incredible team of people who are excited to take part in our mission to democratize better solutions for our collective health.
Role Summary: GEM is looking for a seasoned Business Data Analyst to join our growing team to help us make smarter decisions and influence strategy. The Business Data Analyst will be considered our go-to investigator on all things data – identifying friction points across marketing and operational data sets and delivering insights to respective teams in order to drive results across our company.
The ideal person for this position has a passion for numbers, an exceptional eye for detail, expertise in manipulating large data sets, and a solid understanding of popular data analysis tools. This person will work closely with the Operations and Marketing teams, and will ultimately help us optimize across all facets of our growing business. Our data infrastructure is in the process of being built on Fivetran, Snowflake, dbt, and Looker. This collaborative role will query data from multiple databases, perform a wide range of formal and ad hoc analyses, and look for ways to improve existing processes to deliver better insights to our stakeholders.
Who You Are:
- You consider yourself a data expert and are obsessed with numbers
- You’re a self-starter and can navigate gray areas to deliver results
- You are curious and cultivate a test-and-learn mindset
- You are creative, resourceful and thoughtful when solving data problems and designing visualizations
- You are efficient. You move fast, while paying attention to detail
- You are a strong verbal and written communicator with impeccable cross-functional relationships skills
- You feel connected to GEM’s mission and desire to be part of a small but mighty team where you can see and feel the impact of your work
What You’ll Do:
- Own GEM’s data operations and KPI reporting to help us grow, monitor, and scale performance
- Be proactive in performing deep-dive analysis across GEM’s eCommerce product, operations, and marketing funnels to identify growth opportunities and deliver these to our teams for collaborative success
- Help team members analyst the impact of their projects
- Provide cross-functional support to multiple teams including operations and marketing to ensure our supply and demand stay aligned
- Translate complicated analyses into actionable insights and create compelling visualizations and presentations to present findings and share insights
- Make recommendations for improvements and suggest ways for acquisition and retention as well as new product development and go to market strategies
- Bachelor's degree with experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Management, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience as a business data analyst or in a related field within e-commerce (familiarization with e-comm specific metrics such as LTV, AOV and CPA)
- Ability to understand business needs, tell a story using data and turn insights into actionable recommendations with easy to understand, non-technical language
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and SQL
- Advanced proficiency with Looker and other relevant BI and data visualization tools
- Comfort with predictive modeling techniques
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
Benefits at GEM:
- Medical (base plan is 100% covered by GEM), dental and vision insurance plans and free membership to One Medical
- Remote Work Friendly
- Flexible PTO policy
- Complimentary GEM subscription and discounts for friends and family
- Monthly Lunch and Learns, Monthly Happy Hours, and Quarterly team building off-sites (when permitted)
- A collaborative and passionate team invested in your professional and personal growth
Daily GEM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.