Hungryroot is your personal grocer, powered by AI and the belief that food deeply impacts your daily life. You tell us a little about yourself, and we deliver healthy groceries to your door each week with recipes and meal planning support. Hungryroot helps you save time, save money, shop sustainably, and eat what makes you feel your best.
About the Opportunity:
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will play a crucial role in implementing, improving, and maintaining Looker at Hungryroot. This includes partnering and consulting with Business and Analytics teams to provide guidance and assistance in creating and streamlining Looker reports and the underlying data models. You’ll help everyone at the company feel inspired and ready to adopt and innovate on how teams use Looker for measuring our business.
You’ll be a part of the Product & Data organization, and collaborate with Engineering, who own the data pipeline and ETL. Once the data has made its way to our Redshift warehouse, we’ll look to you to make it as accessible and as fresh as possible in Looker.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with Product Analysts, Data Scientists, and Business users, to understand their needs and come up with and implement end-to-end solutions
- Create standardized explores, views, derived metrics, and more, for rapid development of high-quality Looker dashboards and reports
- Own maintenance of our Looker instance, including cleaning and restructuring existing LookML and ensuring consistent code quality
- Be the local subject matter expert on Looker, both as a development platform and visualization tool
- Offer support and training sessions to evangelize Looker best practices throughout the company
- 2+ years working on a business intelligence team
- Strong technical knowledge of writing performant SQL
- Expertise in visualization technologies including Tableau, Looker and/or another BI tool
- Redshift and/or MySQL database experience
- Strong business intuition
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to get things done
- Organized, with ability to self-direct
- Positive, collaborative attitude
Bonus points for:
- Looker certification
- Mathematical training with applied experience in statistics
- Based at our Manhattan Office, just south of Madison Square Park (note, we are currently working remotely)
- Competitive compensation + subsidized health benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Universal paid parental leave
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people
Hungryroot is built on the values of being proactive, positive, and transparent in all that we do. Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.