Promise modernizes and humanizes government payments. We are a comprehensive payments platform that increases revenue and efficiency for government agencies. We help residents navigate payments with dignity and ease to avoid the negative consequences of non-payment. Promise’s win-win services strengthen the bond between government agencies and the communities that they serve.
The Data Analyst/Analytics Engineer will be responsible for standing up our data warehouse and beginning to answer some of the foundational questions about our product. This work will span more infrastructural tasks (automating transformations, building out a self-serve analytics environment) and more analytic tasks (reporting on KPIs, working with stakeholders to answer key business questions). It’s fine if you bias more toward one or the other, but you should be comfortable with both.
What you'll do:
- Stand up a modern data pipeline to centralize 1st and 3rd-party data into a single warehouse to power all our analyses.
- Work with the modern data stack (exact tools up for discussion, but think Fivetran, dbt, Snowflake/BigQuery, Looker).
- Ensure that the data we need to understand and serve our customers is available, accurate, and accessible.
- Partner with Engineering, Product, and Ops to understand their data needs and identify places where the analytics stack can improve on what they’re doing.
- Be the go-to expert on our data pipeline, data tools, and what our data means.
- Make everyone across Promise better at using data to make good decisions. Help your colleagues translate their business questions into good, actionable analytic questions and then help them get answers.
- Grow into a leader who can expand the data team as our needs grow.
You’re a great fit for the role if you are:
- An experienced data person who is excited about standing up new infrastructure from scratch (and learning from what you did wrong last time)
- A SQL wiz. You love SQL (despite all the frustrating things it does that make you sad).
- Passionate about proving how much business value good analytics can contribute. You know that an “interesting” analysis is not helpful if it’s not actionable.
- Comfortable in ambiguity: you’ve worked in a startup environment or something similar where there often wasn’t clarity about what you should do next.
- An excellent communicator, in both written and verbal contexts. You’re articulate and can get to the point quickly but kindly.
- An expert multitasker: you can triage in the moment, juggling a wide variety of things that need to be fixed. You can quickly sort out priorities from noise.
- Self-motivated and resourceful: you’ll jump in to do whatever needs doing to get the job done. You love collaborating, but are also happy to jump right in and do things yourself.
- Excited about our mission: You think that improving the way governments interact with their constituents is critical. You want to prove that moving away from punitive approaches to non-payment and treating people with dignity can be a win for everyone.
Compensation: competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience