At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere - including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
Hopper was built on the premise that the combination of big data and machine learning could make a difference. At Hopper, every dataset tells a story. Do you have what it takes to decipher the clues?
We’re looking for a data-savvy individual to join our Air App Experience team as a Data Analyst. Here, you will run experiments and tap into Hopper’s massive user base, who is looking for flight deals. You’ll lead our app experience projects like LTV modelling, ROI analysis, and App AB Tests to uncover insights in our Flights Funnel that allow us to help millions of customers book travel. As the lead analyst, it’ll be a great opportunity to have a big impact and lots of ownership.
You might be a fit if you’re excited about using your data science skills to help us create product led enhancements that will unlock growth and delight customers. Hopper hopes to scale to at least 4X its current user base in 2021.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
• Lead analytical projects to support our Air App Experience team. Deliver quantitative results, business understanding and strategic insights.
• Help create robust tracking of our experiments, by combining data from multiple sources, internal databases and analytics tools
• Design and implement automated analysis scripts, develop and deliver your tables, charts and interactive tools to present your results
• Work with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers and engineers• Find effective ways to simplify and communicate analyses to a non-technical audience
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
• College Degree in a relevant field of study
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Strong background in relational databases and SQL
• Experience with business analytics and e-commerce concepts like conversion and activation.
• Exposure to scripting with Python
• Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience
• Enthusiasm and curiosity for conducting research and answering hard questions with data
• The ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive and to handle ambiguity and the challenge of quickly evolving goals
NICE TO HAVE:
• Experience in e-commerce or in the travel industry
• Knowledge of Amplitude or Tableau
• Experience using Google BigQuery
OFFERING REMOTE WORK FROM THE FOLLOWING STATES:
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island