We are looking for a Data Analyst who can conduct in-depth analyses, create intuitive visualisations and partner with stakeholders to solve business problems with data. The salary for this position is €58,000 annually. You can work from anywhere in the world as long as you have ~4 hours overlap with GMT+8.
As a data analyst, your main responsibilities will be:
- Helping teams to select, refine and set up reporting for key metrics
- Helping teams or management in answering complex business questions by extracting deep insights from data
- Creating easy-to-use and well-documented dashboards that enable self-serve analytics
- Presenting data-driven findings to stakeholders with actionable recommendations that drive impact
- Contributing to building and improving upstream data models
- Identifying and fixing root causes of inaccurate reporting
- Pairing with a teammate or someone on another team to solve an analytical problem
About the Team
We are a global team of 100+ awesome people working from over 40 countries around the globe. We hire globally, you work locally—in the heart of London, a beach outside of São Paulo, or a quiet village near Florence, the choice is yours. Every few months we travel to meet up somewhere in the world and spend some quality time together. We place a huge amount of trust in our people, and we measure the outcomes rather than the work itself. Our values fuel our results.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in data analytics or a similar role that involves generating insights for business stakeholders, exploring data, SQL data modelling, and statistical analysis.
- You’re able to draw out requirements from even the most complex of business questions. You understand the importance of iterating on analysis to stay close to the needs of the business.
- Your presentation style is engaging and infectious, ensuring that the insights you find in your analysis are understood and actioned. You understand the importance of tailoring presentations and reports to each audience.
- You have strong instincts and judgement about the business-side implications of data analysis as you are collaborating with business stakeholders at all levels of seniority to understand their data needs.
- You know when to use statistics in an analysis and why they are important. You’re able to draw on experience of using statistical methods and find new methods when necessary.
- You feel comfortable in working with git, SQL, python, and dev environments You pride yourself on writing performant, easy-to-read SQL.
- You can spin up accurate and easy-to-use dashboards with suitable visualisations and help stakeholders understand how to use them. You understand the importance of QA and build trust in data.
- You care about details and have a mature attitude to documentation, security, and process—all of which are important and inform everything we do.
- Your English communication, both written and verbal, is great and you prefer to over- rather than under-communicate. You like transparency, openness, and asking questions.
Bonus points for:
- You have deep experience in one or more business domains, such as marketing, product, growth, sales and understand how to drive value in these domains.
- Experience with our analytics stack — we use Prefect, Airbyte, dbt, BigQuery, Looker and Heap — is ideal, but we're open to considering candidates that have experience in other cloud warehouse focused analytics tools.
- 24 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays
- In-person meetups for team-building (expenses covered)
- 4-6 weeks paid sabbatical (depending on the tenure of the employee)
- Laptop and a €2,000 budget to set up your home office
- Reimbursement for co-working space membership or internet service at home
- €4,000 contribution for training, workshops, and conferences
- Health (physical and mental) budget of 2,000€ per year
- Support for buying tools you need for doing your best work (even eyeglasses if you need a new pair)
Wonder if you'll fit in?
Are you ready?