Founded in 2012, Rush Street Interactive (NYSE: RSI) is a market leader in online casino and sports betting in the U.S., currently operating real-money gaming in nine U.S. states with our brands: BetRivers, BetRivers.com and PlaySugarHouse.com. We’re building bridges between online, social and land-based gaming businesses to create amazing, integrated experiences that keep players in the game.
We are looking for a Data Analytics Engineering Manager to join Rush Street Interactive, a top-performing company that is at the forefront of a ground-breaking industry. Be part of an innovative and exciting company in the regulated online Casino and Sports Betting market.
As a Data Analytics Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading the alignment of data solutions and business requirements. You will foster a relationship with the Database and Data Warehouse Engineering Teams to address the data reporting and analytics needs across the business supporting units such as Marketing, VIP Management, Operations, and CRM.
This position will work closely with the Business Intelligence team to identify short, mid, and long-term goals and facilitate a data driven organization.
Who are you?
- You have a broad understanding of data analytics, business intelligence, and data warehouse architecture.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to perform efficiently in a fast-paced environment that requires balancing many tasks simultaneously. You can keep tasks organized and prioritize accordingly.
- You think big. You are practical. You are versatile. You take initiative and get things done. You flourish in a hands-on role.
- You are an enthusiastic collaborator who is honest and transparent in all interactions and actions.
- You have strong integrity and demonstrate ethical behavior at all times.
- You are ambitious and a self-starter who is motivated by making a real impact on the business.
- You pay close attention to detail and can manage tasks and projects independently or in a team based setting.
- You are creative. You can accomplish tasks in different ways depending on resources, timelines, and prioritizations.
- You express your ideas and are not afraid to give your opinion.
What will you do?
- Work with end users to understand reporting and analysis needs
- Align solutions with the data teams and delivery schedule
- Lead and continuously improve the delivery process with continued updates, statuses, and documentation
- Create clarity, identify & address problems and align the data teams with Company goals
- Ensure secure data platforms and infrastructure while still working directly with team members to accomplish business needs
- Drive technical and strategic vision to help translate day-to-day issues into coherent and robust systems
- Understand the entire lifecycle of data - how it is loaded, how it is translated, and how it is used - to create all encompassing solutions of data needs
- Defines models to support data visualization and reporting tools such as Looker in a scalable manner
- Ensure data is well defined, trusted, and easily understood
- Responsible for overall quality of deliverables from the technical team
- Responsible for successful deployments of developed solutions and integration of solutions
- Review efficacy of solutions, coordinate and/or make necessary updates and ensure changes are thoroughly validated
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience in a team leadership role
- Experience working with data and analytics teams
- Knowledge of our main technologies in use – Oracle database, PostgreSQL, Python (DBT), Snowflake and Looker
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Data Management, Marketing, Statistics, Computer Science, a related field or equivalent with strong aptitude and relevant experience
- Strong understanding of relational databases
- Experience in data analysis, reporting, engineering, and/or database administration
- Experience in leading technical development projects
- Experience with producing technical designs and solutions
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely manner
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, visual, and presentation