The Data & Insight Analyst is responsible for architecting and developing complex best-in-class and innovative analytics and reporting solutions in Healthcare. This role will have responsibility for establishing, running, and sustaining processes and practices that support reporting for Analytics & Quality solutions applications. The Data & Insight Analyst should have a passion for data, working with business people, creating solutions and driving value. This role will need an understanding of the US healthcare system, claim data, and medical coding to effectively perform in this role.
- Architect and hands-on development of complex Analytics and Reporting solutions.
- Implementing and configuring reporting technologies such as Excel, Tableau or MicroStrategy.
- Working with SQL on databases T-SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MySQL.
- Architect, design, build and integrate solutions using Microsoft SQL Server and other big data tools such as: Scala/Spark, R, Pig, etc. This also includes redesigning existing reports for enhanced utility and usability.
- Drive automation capabilities into reporting solutions.
- Establish credibility and strong working relationship with development and client teams to review design and code for completion of projects.
- Deliver targeted outcomes based upon modeled data.
- Maintain our repository and other relevant documentation.
- Supports development of other analysts on the team by sharing and training on best practices.
- Consulting skills strong enough to work with clients on their analytic needs.
- Complete all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Complete all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we are looking for:
- Strong understanding of healthcare claims data, specifically how data is stored in analytical platforms, and how to use and apply claims data in the validation of payment audit concepts and other projects.
- Expertise in big data analysis techniques and advanced analytic tools (e.g., Tableau, SAS, R, SQL)
- Strong ability to use statistical methodology to solve business problems.
- Ability to understand, generate and evaluate healthcare utilization, unit cost and medical cost trends. This includes understanding levers that affect healthcare cost, such as contracting, networks, policies, benefit structures, and product design. Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on financial and claims data.
- Ability to actively and skillfully conceptualize, apply, analyze, synthesize, and/or evaluate information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action.
- Ability to gain acceptance of recommendations made to other departments or individuals for internal and external business partners.
- Consults on and applies knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to execute projects effectively and efficiently in alignment with organizational competencies and strategic business goals. Ability to articulate and document a scope, process, accountable owners and project milestones and timelines. Includes summarizing project health and outcomes at any point in the project lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of the tenets of health insurance, the managed care model, Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid rules, industry coding/policy standards, the claim adjudication process, and issues related to fraud waste and abuse; Ability to apply this knowledge to the development and evaluation of new initiatives and contribute the team strategy toward best practices.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power Point and Outlook); advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organizational skills.
- Desire and capacity to learn new concepts and software.
- Artistic eye capable of producing attractive, easy to use reports and analyses.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Professional with ability to properly handle PHI and confidential information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree required in relevant field (Computer Science, Math, Analytics, Health Sciences or related field of study)
- 3+ years’ experience in advanced analytics, delivering actionable insights from data, database and big data analytics environments
- 2+ years’ experience with business intelligence (data visualization and dashboarding, Tableau, etc.) and multiple scripting languages (procedural languages such as T-SQL, Scala, R, Python, etc.)
- Experience with SQL syntax for multiple databases (e.g., standard MSSQL, PL/SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in Agile environment, Jira preferred
- Out of the box thinking and creativity are essential
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a team
- This is a fully remote position and requires individuals to work in the US, have access to high speed internet and a work environment that is free from distractions.
- After hours / weekend work required where necessary for major deliverables / deadlines (not consistent)
- Must have flexibility and willingness to participate in the work processes of an international organization, including conference calls scheduled to accommodate global time zones.
For the safety of our employees and those considering employment with Cotiviti, we are currently conducting all interviews virtually. In addition, the majority of the Cotiviti team is currently working remotely, and we are onboarding new hires remotely as well. As we monitor the pandemic, these arrangements may change and we will update accordingly.