WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Are you excited by the prospect of using data and analytics to drive business growth? Are you passionate about big data technologies and leveraging them to deliver business value throughout the organization? Do you want to solve problems and work in an environment where you will be supported and grow? We are looking for a smart and passionate individual to join our Data Engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data architecture and data-pipeline infrastructure to enable reporting, analytics and data science.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will create and maintain optimal data structures and data pipelines for reporting, analytics and data science.
- You will identify, design, and implement internal process improvements - automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, ensuring data quality and integrity, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- You will build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, GCP Big Query, big data frameworks like Hadoop and Spark.
- You will work closely with engineering, product, business users and analysts to gather requirements, run POCs and come up with solutions.
- You will work with business stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have development experience in non-relational technologies like Hadoop and Spark
- You are proficient in SQL, Big Query and at least 1 scripting/programming language (Python, Scala preferred)
- You have extensive experience building and maintaining custom data pipelines
- You have a thorough understanding of data warehousing concepts, ETL and data modeling
- You have hands-on experience with MPP databases and query optimization
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits: https://join.collectivehealth.com/box
- For all other benefits, please check out: Box Benefits + Perks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation. Box strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Accommodations are available throughout the application process and an employee’s employment at Box.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
To promote the health and safety of all Boxers and our communities, in order to "Go to Work" at Box in the U.S., you must be Fully Vaccinated or have an approved accommodation. "Go(ing) to Work" at Box is defined as visiting a Box office, facility, or co-working site, visiting or meeting in person with fellow Boxers, Box clients and/or customers, vendors, or partners, engaging in business travel, and or participating in any Box-sponsored and/or related activity where others are present. If you are fully remote and do not "Go to Work,” the vaccination requirement is not applicable. "Fully Vaccinated" means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, a sincerely-held religious belief or another legally recognized reason, Box will consider requests for an accommodation.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see ourPersonnel Privacy Notice.