Here at Flippa, we have a big marketplace. We get over six hundred new registrations each day, we have six thousand live listings at any given time, and get six million page views each month.
In short, we are sitting on mountains of data. But so far we have done very little with it.
That’s about to change. We are looking for a data engineer to help us better match buyers to sellers, tweak our search algorithms to boost engagement, and help us make better sense of our big marketplace.
The requirement for this role is initially one day per week and can be performed remotely from any location depending on the right talent.
Own Your Future at Flippa
Founded in 2009, Flippa’s mission is to give every business owner a pathway to exit. Flippa’s platform powers the digital real estate industry, we invented the space and we are the market leaders. Our unique peer-to-peer marketplace brings together entrepreneurs, owners, investors and operators to trade sites, stores, apps and online businesses. We represent the new real estate - it’s digital real estate - and this is your opportunity to be a part of a major shift in society, one where digital business ownership is the new currency and a new asset class.
At Flippa, your ideas count and your perspective matters. We favour the brave and want you to do your best work. You will love it here if you are open and curious, love a fast pace, always think about the end customer and know the digital economy. We want to help our customers be successful and this means working on the things that matter most to them. We support each other (one of our values is to Be Human) to achieve great things and celebrate the wins. Do you want to Own Your Future?
As Flippa’s Data Scientist, you’ll get to -
- Run regression analyses and other data science experiments to determine the optimal makeup and weighting of quality scoring inputs.
- Work with product and engineering to develop specific hypotheses that can be rapidly tested and subsequently moved to production.
- Wrangle data from across multiple disjoint data sets in order to make recommendations for new trackable metrics.
What you bring to the table -
- Bring fresh eyes to our processes and techniques and bring new ideas to the table
- An eagerness to solve complex problems in environments that are often ambiguous, technologically challenged and require creative and lateral thinking
- A disciplined approach to problem solving and an ability to critically assess a range of information to differentiate true business needs as opposed to user requests
- An ability to seek requirements for analysis, output format and visualisation, and provide requirements to our engineers.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with a knack for distilling complex and/or technical information for the audience
- You are a quick learner who can work effectively in an ever-changing startup environment
- You will enjoy working as part of a team to collaborate cross functionally
- You are a motivated, self starter
To be successful, you will have -
- Strong data science and/or software engineering experience
- Statistical analysis experience
- Development of statistical models, such as Bayesian, regression and linear optimisation models (ideally 5+ Years)
- Algorithm design, implementation and operationalisation experience
- Machine learning knowledge/experience
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Broad domain experience with the ability to link the dots across data sets
These are the people we love at Flippa - do you fit?
- You possess a Think, Say, Plan, Do mindset and demonstrate this in everything you do
- You are solutions orientated
- You love working in a fast paced ambitious environment.
- You are results driven
- You have a positive attitude and desire “go the extra mile” to achieve great things for Flippa
- You have loads of initiative
- You are happy to work both autonomously, but also with a strong team ethic and ability to collaborate across teams. We may reward individual effort, but we most certainly play as a team in everything we do
- You love helping small business owners achieve
- You want to have some fun
Pay & Benefits
Flippa is an awesome place for great professionals – you'll be working with smart colleagues, tackling challenging problems, and enjoying a competitive salary, equity package and other benefits depending on your location. We also have a wellness program, birthday leave, paid parental leave, study support, recognition awards and more.
Apply for this job