BigBear.ai is seeking a Lead Data Engineer to support a program with the U.S. Army. This position can be 100% remote within the United States for a project based in Ann Arbor, MI.
What you will do
- Understand the business requirements and deliver suitable Data Models and solutions using PostgreSQL and Oracle, PL/SQL, and ERWin
- Understand data architecture principles and support creation of data models for the implementation of targeted architecture
- Understand customer data and enhance functional data literacy to be able to support customer needs in real time
- Identify and integrate data from multiple sources in batch/real-time processing (using scripts)
- Review, design, and develop data quality management processes and automated procedures intended to produce high levels of data integrity
- Create data integration routines and data pipelines
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback regarding others' designs/code
- Provide ongoing Operational and Maintenance support
- Research and recommend solutions to complex and abstract problems
What you need to have
Clearance: able to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance
· Bachelor’s degree (or higher) and related experience.
· RDBMS: 5+ years Oracle, Postgres (or any other relational database experience) with PL/SQL or T-SQL programming, SQL performance tuning, Packages, Functions, and Stored Procedure development.
· Strong Understanding of data analysis and data modeling
· 8+ years of having hands on experience with design, development and support of ETL processes and relevant experience in Database Development, Data Analysis, and Data Integration.
· Analyze data, automate monitoring of very large datasets to identify data anomalies early to minimize impact to customer facing data, and write code to reconcile
· Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, and architecture
· Experience working with source control systems such as Git.
· Experience working with a team using scrum or other agile practices.
· Strong Communication skills are a must. Should be able to effectively engage business and technical stakeholders
· Strong desire to learn any new technology as directed by leadership
· Must be a collaborative and strong team player able to work independently
What we'd like you to have
- Scripting Language: Understanding of scripting in PowerShell, BASH, Python or equivalent. LINUX/UNIX experience is highly desirable
- · Experience working with data virtualization tools such as Denodo.
- · Experience using JIRA or tracking system to manage system level configuration changes.
- · Experience in AWS or Azure platforms·
- · Experience working with developers in implementing automated build and deployment tools like Jenkins or Maven.
- · Experience in supporting DoD agencies, preferably Army, including Army logistic data in the Force, Item, Asset, and Transportation business areas.
BigBear.ai delivers AI-powered analytics and cyber engineering solutions to support mission-critical operations and decision-making in complex, real-world environments. BigBear.ai’s customers, which include the US Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, the US Federal Government, as well as customers in manufacturing, healthcare, commercial space, and other sectors, rely on BigBear.ai’s solutions to see and shape their world through reliable, predictive insights and goal-oriented advice. Headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, BigBear.ai is a global, public company traded on the NYSE under the symbol BBAI. For more information, please visit: http://bigbear.ai/ and follow BigBear.ai on Twitter: @BigBearai.