Verily, an Alphabet company, lives at the intersection of technology, data science and healthcare. Our mission is to make the world’s health data useful so that people enjoy longer and healthier lives.
Our team combines expertise in healthcare, data science and technology to improve the health and well-being of our communities. We are developing the infrastructure and solutions to harness the profusion of health information for good. Our data-driven solutions span three primary areas: research, care and innovation. Programs include Project Baseline - our research initiative to increase participation and evidence generation in clinical research; Onduo - our personalized virtual care platform, which includes connected tools, lifestyle coaching and clinical support; and Debug - our effort to reduce the threat of mosquito-borne diseases by combining machine learning with sterile insect technique. We’re also actively working to combat the spread of COVID-19 through new programs like Healthy at Work.
Verily’s internship is a paid 13 week program for students in their graduating year of college, who are interested in working at the intersection of technology, data science and healthcare. This program is designed to expose students who have been historically underrepresented in this field to career opportunities and a pathway towards full-time employment within Verily. Students from all schools, and students who identify with a demographic that is minoritized within the technology, data science, and healthcare industries are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to: Black/African-American, Latinx/Hispanic, Native American, students with disabilities, veterans, and non-binary people.
The data platforms organization is focused on providing tools that help our customers make sense of data. Our SensorSuite team is helping Verily’s data scientists analyze data from passive, wearable devices and use it to predict the severity and progression of disease. The terra.bio project gives academic researchers tools to analyze massive-scale genomic datasets with tools designed for their unique challenges. Our infrastructure organizations help other Verily engineers to set up, manage, and introspect the datasets they gather as part of their own work. Storing a lot of data is easy--it’s turning that data into insights and action that is hard!
Your role would be to help us develop tools that make data actionable. We have projects spanning from frontend visualization consoles to cloud compute deployment backends to data analysis and machine learning!
**Join us for a unique 13 week internship that will take place May 17th to August 13th 2021 OR June 14th to September 10th 2021
- Develop production-quality code for the Data Platforms team to deploy as part of their offering.
- Talk with customers and product managers to understand the needs and challenges your project is designed to address.
- Implement unit tests and other quality checks to validate the soundness of your delivered code.
- Currently enrolled in university as a full-time student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related program, with an anticipated graduation date on or before the end of 2022.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
- Experience with Github.
- Familiarity or experience with data analytics, statistics, or machine learning.
- Experience with cloud compute platforms like GCP or AWS are advantageous for some projects.