Who is SimSpace:
SimSpace launched in 2015 with a singular purpose – addressing the most urgent and sophisticated cybersecurity challenges to reduce risk for our most vulnerable and valuable infrastructure. The organizations around the world that we depend on every day to keep our loved ones safe and secure. Our healthcare facilities, schools, financial institutions, transit centers, grocery stores, and workplaces just to name a few. To deliver global resiliency, we provide an elite cyber range platform to curate unassailable cyber defenses, data driven decisions, cutting edge training labs, live attack scenarios, and extensive individual and dynamic team readiness training.
SimSpace works as OneTeam to elevate humanity around the world. We are committed to continuously improving and delivering a cultivated member experience whether that is accomplished through focusing on supporting our client’s teams or our own mission driven SimSpacers.
We are hybrid, remote, and in-person with offices in Boston's Fort Point and Maryland. We also have offices in the UK, Germany, Israel, Australia, Czech Republic, Japan, Singapore, and Egypt. If you are interested in elevating the technology and creative solutions necessary to secure and safeguard our future while working alongside others who share your passion for purpose and development, we want to meet you!
We are looking for:
A Staff Data Science Engineer with a strong data science, machine learning engineering, and computer science/software engineering experience to enhance and automate cybersecurity systems and to fully test, integrate and deploy those systems into the broader SimSpace software ecosystem.
The focus of the Data Science Department is to innovate, prototype, and deliver new capabilities that advance SimSpace's core activities. You will help incorporate machine learning, data science, information science, statistics, applied mathematics, analytics, and more to build systems that significantly enhance capabilities in several application areas. Several of our current and future initiatives include:
- Advancing cybersecurity assessment of organizations, teams, and individuals
- Improving assessment analysis and scoring and automation
- Developing AI-enhanced attack and defensive agents
- Predictive Modeling for Cyber Risk Estimation
- Characterization of cyber range defensive complexity, attack sophistication, and deception networks
- Statistical analyses and Design of Experiments for Candidate Assessment and other efforts
- Enhancing existing user emulation tools
Why should you choose a career in Data Science at SimSpace?
We are an organization that is focused on building our culture and mindfully enhancing our atmosphere everyday which is why we have collaborated on an integral value system. Our governing philosophy of being Human Centered is deeply embedded within our value system. We apply this philosophy to every one of our internal team members, external clients, and their customers.
-Our core values are:
- Serve to Protect – We provide safe space, deliver on the mission, and elevate humanity
- Acquire Understanding – We seek and provide clarity 10x, cultivate comprehension, and believe information goes both all ways
- Inspiration Leads to Inspiration – We stay curious, practice consistency over intensity, and continue to be the change we need in the world
- Teamwork Without Borders – We are never alone, we solve for all, and keep people at the heart of everything we do
-We also provide the following:
- Salary Range $110,000-$130,000
- Benefits that start on first day of hire (medical, dental, company-paid vision, savings and spending accounts, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid Life and AD&D Insurance)
- 401k with immediate vesting
- Unlimited paid time off
- Equity options at hire and potential for additional based on performance
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Peloton Interactive Wellness Program
- Semi-flexible hours, with the expectation that you overlap the main part of the day to meet deadlines, collaborate with colleagues and attend key meetings.
What will you be doing as a Data Science Engineer at SimSpace?
- Design and develop software to support new AI/ML capabilities that advance SimSpace's core activities
- Integrate these capabilities into the broader company software ecosystem
- Upgrade and maintain these systems
- Interact with provided cyber tools and other component services
- Work closely with a passionate team of other data science engineers and software developers