Are you driven to leverage your strong quantitative analysis and skills to solve complex and large-scale challenges? This job is for you! DreamView's Quantitative Production Intelligence Tools (QuPIT) team is looking for motivated scientists with strong analytical skills to evolve one of the most sophisticated production management systems in the world.
This position is available for full-time remote employment and direct hire only.
DreamView’s extensive production system comprises thousands of fixed nodes with millions of possible connections between them. Billions of metadata records flow through this system, making the impact of optimal improvements truly innovative. This magnificent challenge is a terrific opportunity to analyze DreamView's existing data and understand, model, simulate, optimize, and reshape one of the world's most complex systems as we transition to a GPU accelerated distributed data model.
Your main focus will be on developing a query optimized unified data model, develop predictive models, assist in the development and prototyping of visualization, and support structures for data analysis to identify and evaluate opportunities to improve customer experience, production efficiencies, cost, the efficiency of capital investment, and the effective use of automation. You will identify effective metrics to quantify the improvements resulting from the application of your developed tools and you will evaluate the trade-offs between potentially competing objectives.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a deep understanding of statistical and machine learning concepts, technical skills for leveraging analytical tools to solve large-scale problems, technical aptitude to remain abreast with data science-related technologies, leadership in charting new analytical courses, and excitement to take iterative approaches to tackle long-term challenges. The successful candidate will have good communication skills and the ability to speak at a level appropriate for the audience, will collaborate effectively with fellow scientists, software development engineers, and product managers, and will deliver business value in a close partnership with many stakeholders from operations, finance, IT, and business leadership.
- M.S. or equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related analytical disciplines.
- Deep understanding of regression modeling, forecasting techniques, time series analysis, machine-learning concepts such as supervised and unsupervised learning, classification, random forest, etc.
- Experience using statistical, simulation, visualization, and machine learning and data science tools from vendors like Nvidia, including RAPIDS
- Experience with big data: extraction, processing, filtering, and presenting large data quantities (100K to Millions of rows) via technologies including Calcite, SQL Engines, and various data pipelines
- Experience one or more programming languages (e.g. Go, Julia, Python, Java, C++, etc.)
- Familiarity with some of the clustered data processing tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, and Hive
- Familiarity with Logistics/Supply Chain, or related production Businesses.
- Ph.D. or MS in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related analytical disciplines
- Experience in leveraging analytics to drive the generation of business value in related business sectors such as Production, Logistics and Supply Chains, Transportation, or large-scale Engineering.
- Experience in developing machine-learning algorithms, statistical and mathematical optimization models, and simulation and visualization tools
- Experience with ensemble models and with clustered data processing tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, and Hive
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and solutions at a level appropriate for technical and non-technical audiences.
DreamView Studios was founded by veteran CGI visionaries with 100+ years combined experience in creating CGI & Visual Effects for blockbuster movies, AAA games, commercials, and eCommerce products, hailing from companies such as Disney, Industrial Light & Magic, Pixar, and Electronic Arts.
The DreamView™ cloud platform and production services help businesses create, manage, and distribute photoreal and Augmented Reality CGI products and media for eCommerce sites, marketing initiatives, consumer experiences, and more. Virtual products, lifestyle scenes, and video creation is not only faster and less costly than traditional set design and layout, but also provide infinitely reusable 3D CGI assets and media. The company’s proprietary platform and process facilitates streamlined product development and visualization, and is globally scalable.
DreamView's team is completely virtual with employees across the globe. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, unlimited time-off, massive growth opportunities, and a supportive and knowledgeable team to facilitate your success.
DreamView is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected statuses.