Millions of people around the world depend on Surfline Wavetrak’s products to enrich their experiences in and around the ocean. For 35 years, our company has connected people with the ocean. Starting with surfers and expanding to offshore cruisers, anglers and a myriad of other boating, fishing and surfing enthusiasts, we’ve made it our mission to deliver peak maritime experiences. We provide those who work and play in the ocean with all the advanced tools, personalized insights and immersive content to make their lives better -- supplying them with the information they need to make smarter decisions, seek out new experiences and gain valuable knowledge.
As a Data Scientist at Surfline Wavetrak, you will create value from data. You will be expected to extract compelling insights from our proprietary and public data sets in order to most effectively serve our user base. Your primary focus will be in applying machine learning to meteorological, camera and sensor data in order to derive the most high value data sets for ocean goers globally.
What You'll Do:
- Leverage machine learning techniques in order to develop high-value proprietary data sets
- Optimize data collection procedures to ensure timeliness and accuracy
- Process, cleanse, and validate the integrity of data used in our products
- Extend the company's data with third party sources where valuable and applicable
What We're Looking For:
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or related degree
- Extensive experience working with Python
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Extensive experience with common data science toolkits, including: Keras, Tensorflow, and Google ML Cloud
- Exceptional problem solving skills and ability to learn/adapt to new technologies
- Genuine interest in deriving data sets that help answer the questions surfers ask
You May Also Have:
- Understanding of AWS technologies and infrastructure as code (Chef/Puppet/Ansible, Terraform/Cloudformation).
- A passion for surfing and ocean-going activities
- Passion for building compelling product experiences
Inclusion at Surfline Wavetrak:
Surfline Wavetrak believes the ocean is for everyone, that the magic of riding waves should be shared by all, and diversity and inclusion must be reflected in everything we do. In fact, the company is committed to making surfing a more inclusive culture, lifestyle, and community.
We are dedicated to bringing people together across the globe, and we champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity. Surfline Wavetrak recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, and any other protected status.