Come for the mission. Stay for the experience.
Let’s keep things simple: we are an unbelievably talented, hard-working, and compassionate team driving towards a mission that impacts every single one of us - even you! Healthcare benefits are complex, underutilized, and a mystery for most users. We’re removing that complexity.
Our industry-leading technology solution puts a simplified benefits experience in the hands of users, saving them time and money. Since the start of the pandemic, we’ve created a COVID-19 resource center, helped members find testing and care, and made it even simpler to get telemedicine and mental health support to employees.
The Director of Data is an organizational leader with a passion for data and analysis who has a clear vision for how data can transform company strategy. The role requires hands-on leadership necessary to steer and grow a team through the growth stage of a start-up into a mature organization. The director must consider global operations and be able to manage a remote-first team to deliver Joy to our members, partners, and internal stakeholders. This position reports to the VP of Engineering.
- Lead a talented team of analytics engineers to bring innovative, robust, and integrated data models and products to life.
- Partner with departments across HealthJoy to understand their data analytics, reporting and eventually AI/ML needs and create data solutions to support them.
- Manage and scale our SaaS-based data infrastructure to continue to provide end-to-end data capability including metric definitions, data models, data platform and analytics tooling.
- Manage a suite of SaaS enterprise solutions including vendor management, tool selection, contract management, and understanding industry trends.
- Democratize data-driven decision making by empowering departments with the education, guidance, and tooling needed to turn data into information and deploy it.
- Deliver data products that feed back into our core product, including customer-facing reporting data.
- Drive data security in compliance with required legal and regulatory policy, especially pertaining to HIPAA and ePHI regulations.
- Identify opportunities for the organization to further leverage data and improve its economic, competitive, and operational positioning.
- Work with engineering and product leadership throughout the Software Development Lifecycle to ensure that we consistently deliver products that are compatible with our data architecture and support robust analytics.
- Recruit, grow, and retain analytics engineering top talent.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, physics, math, etc. or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of data and analytics experience with a track record of leading and growing distributed teams.
- Hands-on experience with python, SQL, statistics, and machine learning.
- Experience with our tech stack is a plus, which include Fivetran, Snowflake, dbt, Looker, and analytics tools like Segment and Heap.
- Hands-on experience building and mentoring analytics engineers to build robust, efficient, and integrated solutions.
- Experience working with product teams to help understand, define, and measure KPIs.
- Experience building processes and driving alignment across multiple departments, stakeholders, customers, and team members, including up to the executive level.
- Experience in evangelizing the company and data org's mission and vision.
Experience in motivating a team towards goals, cascading high-level Objectives and Key Results to team members for ownership.
- Experience in the healthcare space, including clinical, health insurance, or benefits management, is a plus. Familiarity with healthcare datasets of any type is a plus.
Work should be meaningful and rewarding.
HealthJoy offers a robust package of employee perks and benefits, including healthcare benefits (medical, dental and vision, EAP, and telemedicine), flexible PTO plan, 401k+match, parental leave, and HSA contribution match. We also provide our employees with a remote work stipend - to ensure you can work comfortably from home, host virtual-lunch-and-learns, ‘friendship time’ pairings, virtual coffee chats/happy hours, and quarterly team activities.
The best benefit of all? We use our own product. As an employee, you can rely on HealthJoy to feel confident about your own healthcare decisions and get the most out of your unique benefits plan.
HealthJoy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.