Looking for a job in the sports industry? We are hiring! Whether you are looking to start your career or continue it, we are always looking to hire. Check out the open positions below and apply today! Sports Info Solutions (SIS) opened its doors back in 2002 and has been on the leading edge of the advanced statistical study of baseball, football, and basketball. Formerly, known as Baseball Info Solutions (BIS), the company’s mission is to provide the most accurate, in-depth, timely professional baseball and football data, including cutting-edge research and analysis, striving to educate professional teams and the public about analytics.
The Football Operation launched in 2015 and as continued to grow ever since. SIS employs a staff of expert baseball and football scouts and an army of highly trained video scouts who conduct several passes of each game, recording everything from basic box score data to more intricate data not seen in the box score.
The Basketball Operation launched in May 2020 and has already gained significant traction in the NBA industry. The basketball group was founded by Jake Loos, who spent 5 seasons as the Director of Basketball Analytics & Technology for the Phoenix Suns. SIS is aiming to employ a workforce of highly trained basketball video scouts who think basketball to conduct detailed evaluations of players on both sides of the ball, breaking down players strengths and weaknesses to the most minute micro-skill.
Sports Info Solutions Football Research Associate
Sports Info Solutions (SIS) is looking for candidates to fill a full-time position in our R&D Department. The Football Research Associate will work remotely and contribute as a member of our R&D team, supporting various research initiatives.
- Perform modeling and research using SIS’s internal football database as well as other notable data sets (NextGen, etc).
- Write articles and research pieces to be featured in SIS Research and Analysis, Sharp Football Analysis, and Stat of the Week, among other sports outlets.
- Design and develop dashboards and various analytical tools to directly support front office and field personnel.
- Prepare cutting-edge research for presentation in a professional setting, including sales presentations and conferences.
- Collaborate with colleagues to help illuminate the value of SIS’s analytical products to prospective clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position requires a variety of skills including (but not limited to) an analytical mind, computer expertise, writing ability, and a passion for football. Ideal candidates will possess:
- Familiarity with contemporary football/sports analytics, including first-hand research experience.
- Analytical/Mathematical ability.
- Substantive experience with MySQL, SQL Server, or similar databases.
- Familiarity with R, Python, or another scripting language.
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Office programs (or equivalents), especially Excel.
- An ability to write and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
- An ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Experience implementing Machine Learning algorithms is a plus.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Sports Info Solutions uses E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.