Our mission is to fix hiring, making it fundamentally more equitable, effective, collaborative, and human. We’re doing this by building the first intelligent platform for the most important part of the hiring process: interviews and decisions. Our innovative approach has been covered in Inc. Magazine and Quartz, we’re backed by the investors behind Figma, Dropbox and Slack, and advised by thought-leaders including renowned organizational psychologist and NYT bestselling author Adam Grant.
What will you do?
As the founding member of the data science team, reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will:
• You will build algorithms on top of our unique interview data asset to measure quality, consistency, and fairness, and to identify and highlight important moments of conversation
• Drive continuous improvement in the speed and quality of our transcripts to further our product and analytics
• Support the BrightHire data platform. You will help define, architect, and buy or build features and products to improve the data platform.
Who are you?
• You have 5+ years of professional experience working in data science roles
• You have experience uncovering key insights from large swaths of data
• You have experience investigating and delivering user-facing ML features.
• Experience with developing NLP features is a plus.
• Experience with Full Stack Engineering is a plus.
• Experience with building significant pieces of an organization's data platform and strategy is a plus.
• You are resourceful and are happy wearing many hats.
• You have worked in a startup-like environment with limited resources and established processes.
• You empathize with the customer.
• You have a strong opinion on what should be built and how it solves the customer’s problem.
• You can communicate complex engineering ideas to a non-technical audience.
• You value collaboration and gathering feedback from team members across the organization comes naturally to you.
More about us:
• We’re very collaborative, we’re always brainstorming ideas about product, strategy, etc.
• We use our product daily in our own hiring, which is rewarding and gives us product empathy!
• We try to make sure everyone stays connected to users and clients, joining sales and client meetings, talking to end users, etc.
• Everyone is self-motivated, autonomous, and seeks ways we can continuously improve as a company
• We’re generous, self-deprecating, look for reasons to laugh, and enjoy sharing our ideas for band names, posting photos from our walks, and reminiscing about previous travel...
• Meaningful equity
• Fully paid health, dental and vision coverage
• Generous budget for your ideal work environment
• Unlimited PTO, with a minimum # of days everyone must take :)
• Annual learning stipend for courses, conferences, etc.
• Monthly snack pantry delivered to your door
Our goal is to ensure that BrightHire upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.
*Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property.