SCOPE OF ROLE
Bright is seeking a Healthcare Data Analyst to join our Data team. This position will work with a wide variety of healthcare data sources and standardize incoming data to our Data Lake. The role will be a critical component to drive and assist in the strategic delivery of Bright Health’s healthcare Data Lake. The position requires having both a functional and technical aptitude to be successful. This role will work closely with our business stakeholders, architects, and engineers, for successful delivery.
The Data Analyst job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand analytics needs, develop plans to address those needs, and deliver analytics to meet those needs.
- Analyze and transform multiple sources of complex healthcare data to design and develop reports and integrations
- Expand expertise in core areas of health care data, including traditional claims data, real-time provider data, and premiums data.
- Experience in leading and facilitating business analysis and requirements development and management processes which entails eliciting, documenting, analyzing, modeling, prioritizing, validating, and tracing requirements
- Experience in leading test procedures, preparing test plans, cases, and scripts, and facilitating user acceptance testing
- Collaborate with product partners, system owners, and subject matter experts to gather requirements for new systems, enhancements, and projects within functional area
- Document and diagram existing and possibly future system and business processes
- Ability to Translate functional business requirements into technical requirements working with a system architect and software engineers
- Collaborate with product partners to perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
- Experience writing SQL queries Solid understanding of SOX, HIPAA, and ITIL compliance
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, accounting, finance, or related business field required 8 years of experience with healthcare data analysis, requirements, and integration management.
- 5+ years of experience with healthcare data models and data lakes
- 5+ years’ experience with SQL
- 3+ years’ experience DevOps practices, CI/CD, AGILE/SCRUM development methodologies
- Demonstrated expertise in managing and analyzing large datasets of health care data, including traditional claims data, real-time provider data, and premiums data.
- Experience with claim adjudication process for facility, professional and pharmacy
- Understanding of financial reconciliation to close stated transactional claims to the remitted provider payment
- Demonstrated experience composing written technical and business documents
- Proficient in SQL, analysis tools and Databricks
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing multiple priorities and project tasks and effectively functioning in a fast-paced moving, deadline driven environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of project lifecycle methodologies, the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), IT technologies, architecture, hardware, software, and IT processes
- Able to analyze data and statistics and translate results into better solutions.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products
- Strong communication, time management and organization skills
- Strong bias toward action, and operate with a high degree of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple simultaneous high-priority projects
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Exceptionally strong personal initiative, good business instincts, and comfort with ambiguity
EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.