Synergy Sports Technology, the single source for computer vision, AI-driven video and data solutions for sports, seeks a talented Technical Project Manager to join our fully remote engineering team.
This position offers tremendous opportunities to work with the only company that delivers on-demand professional-level basketball, baseball, and hockey analytics linked to supporting video to nearly 1500 pro teams, international, and college teams. Our systems are highly complex and contain petabytes of data and video requiring extremely talented engineers to maintain the scale and efficiency of its products.
Synergy’s work environment is geographically distributed, with employees working from home offices. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a virtual office using online collaboration tools for all communication and interaction in English.
We are a globally distributed team and we work on an asynchronous model with flexibility of when and where you want to perform your job, while still being able to attend team calls and regular meetings. Personal initiative and a strong work ethic are highly encouraged and rewarded.
The company is deadline driven and provides a very transparent freedom and responsibilities culture to all our teams. We strongly believe striking the balance between work and family is very important and our culture is focused on the well being of our team and their loved ones.
This is a software project management role that partners closely with Product owners, Technical teams, Sales teams and Support tiers to help ensure successful planning, delivery, insights, and the iterative, incremental growth of both Synergy products and processes within Synergy.
Note: This is a fully remote role and your physical location can be anywhere in Europe.
· Coordinate one or more highly skilled development teams to deliver cross-platform, multi-sport data and video products, working with core application teams as well as several backend and operational resources to ship products for Mac, Windows, Web and Mobile customers.
· Establish team capacity and engage iteratively through Product roadmap planning and scoping efforts to highlight risks, mitigations and resourcing needs across teams and dependencies.
· In a continuous integration environment, triage, assign and oversee the release of product features and servicing requests against schedules driven tightly by seasonal sport events, coordinating with Product Owners on release and servicing efforts.
· Effectively communicate work status, including successes and risks, across technical teams and managers during all phases of development, using real-time and traditional communication tools.
· Communicate proactively to ensure stakeholders and leadership have enough insight to make game-changing decisions and why, from feature review through to release and servicing cycles.
· Confirm scope, schedule, and resources are aligned to expectations, and to provide real-time visibility into potential trade-offs.
· Adapt best practices from agile, waterfall and, by working with technical teams, DevOps methodologies to effectively organize development through each phase of the release cycle, working to improve quality and efficiency over time.
· Enact and adapt process to best suit the needs of each team relative to the development complexity, team size, release cycle or phase, and any specific needs of the team; prioritize engagement towards optimal results.
· Have a growth mindset towards understanding rapidly evolving priorities, dependencies and risks. Be willing to dive deeply into the customer workflows and concerns as the triage framework for the product. Be able to quickly attune both individual resources and overall team focus to align along a delivery path that best meets business goals, at each phase of a release cycle and across groups within the company.
· Have the focus and flexibility to manage across multiple projects, ensuring enough project management is applied to each initiative to help ensure success, while prioritizing to support business priorities.
· Work with Product and Technical leaders to understand product goals, schedules and user scenarios for current and upcoming release cycles
· Translate product roadmap into sprint deliverables, with enough costing accuracy and float to deliver to schedule, given product dependencies and team capacity
· Assign work to team members ideally at least 2 weeks in advance, aligned to release priorities and sprint capacity, utilizing selective tenets of agile
· Ensure new features from Product team are detailed enough for Technical team review and costing; iterate rapidly with Product team on new or incomplete requirements to ensure work can be started with enough time to deliver to schedule
· Find creative ways to manage a large backlog of bug fix, feature requests, technical tasks, and improvements
· Escalate problems with appropriate severity and recommend solutions or mitigations to product managers for decisions.
· Monitor stopped or paused issues, volume of issues in technical review (pull requests) and issues needing more information before they can be actioned to prevent a build up of work that would otherwise derail quality, scope or schedule
· Work towards better capacity and delivery reporting, including regression rates, sprint carry over and overall Jira issue tracking, formally and informally
· Focus on quality and reliability in process and practice; keep a strong testing focus in all aspects of the work, both technical and manual QA
· Help document and surface technical debt to planning cycles
· Evolve delivery and reporting best practices with the use of Atlassian Cloud products, specifically Jira and Confluence as a continuous improvement effort
· Solicit and assess team suggestions for improvements, particularly working to ensure enough time for technical tasks and technical debt alongside feature development— build a better base for the future
Key Requirements and Attributes:
· Familiarity with agile and waterfall work methodologies
· 4+ years in a similar role in a professional software development environment
· Experience working with globally distributed teams in a remote setting
· Extensive experience in project planning and implementation to prioritize work activities and accomplish project goals within set timeframes
· Strong process skills and ability to effectively understand, prioritize and drive progress with strong attention to detail
· Exceptionally good communication skills and ability to understand technical complexity and handle high project volumes
· Strong leadership, organizational and problem-solving skills
· A background in programming languages and testing procedures
· Strong understanding of technologies surrounding Machine Learning and AI
· Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
· A strong interest in sports / passionate and knowledgeable about team sports and stats
· Familiarity with localization and translation processes in software