San Francisco, CA | Operations – Supply Chain | Reports to Associate Director of Supply Chain Planning
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we’re on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for the to and fro of everyday life. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. With funding from the leading venture capitalists in consumer products, and the founding CEOs of some of the greatest e-commerce businesses in recent history, our desire to shake up the footwear industry is off to a great start. In fact, TIME already called our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
Where we need help
Allbirds is in the process of building a world class operational team to increase our ability to consistently surprise and delight our customers while making the most positive impact to our environment. As we continue to grow at an enormous pace, we need to ensure that we manage our supply chain efficiently from start to finish.
The Supply Chain Planning team plays a critical role in ensuring this occurs. The team currently manages several aspects of the supply chain process – for example, forecasting supply and demand across all our assortments and geographies, managing finished good vendor communication and keeping a close eye on inventory levels.
We are looking for a highly analytical individual, who is comfortable dealing with large data sets in order to inform production decisions that impact the bottom line. Additionally, this individual should possess excellent leadership and communication skills. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to be close to the actual strategy and execution of manufacturing, merchandising and analytical side of consumer products planning. The successful candidate will work cross functionally to match supply with demand, working closely with logistics, finance, analytics, marketing and product development.
What does the job entail?
- Own and fully manage a product line including demand forecasting, capacity planning, factory and internal communication
- Publish build plans and purchase orders to factories after reviewing production capacity, material availability, and customer demand across all our online and retail stores
- Continually monitoring product supply vs. customer sales, and perform supply and demand analysis to maximize sales
- Generate purchase orders of critical raw materials (e.g. wool) by working closely with our vendors and manufacturing partners
- Maintain optimal channel inventory through the various stages of the product lifecycle; act as the central point of contact for all supply chain matters for new product launches.
- Work closely with our Logistics team to optimize freight expenses while ensuring product availability
- Being a key point of contact for our Asia team and manufacturing partners
- Build models, tools and processes to ensure efficiency and accuracy as we scale
- Help lead the monthly cross-functional Sales and Operations (S&OP) planning cycle, driving alignment with all key functions on sales forecasts and supply allocation.
- Producing long-term demand forecasts in collaboration with Finance, Commercial, Retail, Data Analytics and Performance Marketing teams
What kind of person are we looking for?
- You have 4+ years of product planning / operations experience or previous roles in consulting or investment banking.
- You combine exceptional analytical capabilities with quick decision-making skills.
- You have the ability to both think strategically and execute tactically, a persistent attention to detail, and a high level of comfort in working with numbers
- You are inherently a curious person who questions assumptions and takes the initiative to resolve problems with minimal handholding.
- You are self-directed and resourceful – someone who will thrive in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
- You have the attention to detail to sort through large sources of information, identify patterns and abnormalities and make decisions based on facts.
- You are an excellent communicator and have the ability to quickly grasp new concepts while asking appropriate questions when information or instruction is not entirely clear.
More practical skills needed:
- BA/BS or equivalent, preferably with quantitative focus
- Advanced Excel and modeling skills are a must
- Deep analytical mindset, and problem-solving acumen especially in ambiguous situations
- Experience in product planning, inventory management and/or supply chain operations a plus
- Experience with international vendor negotiation and management a plus
- Knowledge of ERP systems / SAP a plus
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Discounted products
- Pup friendly office!
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Professional, employment-related, or schooling information.
Current or past job history, performance evaluations, and educational background, including grades and transcripts.
How We Use Your Information
For professional, internal analysis, or employment-related purposes, including job applications.