Pex is a fully distributed company, democratizing digital rights for everyone.
We are the team behind the Attribution Engine, a licensing infrastructure for the Internet enabling fair compensation and increased access to content. With its advanced identification technology, Attribution Engine ensures compliance and safety for platforms, gives rightsholders total control of their content, increases access and confidence for creators, helps law enforcement prevent toxic content, and provides brand safety for advertisers.
As the Senior Computer Vision and Machine Learning Researcher, you will play a key role in the development of our image search technology. You will join a fully remote team that values transparency and clear communication in an environment where all team members are supported to take initiative, experiment, learn from their mistakes, and share opinions freely. If you enjoy big data processing and are looking for an opportunity to research and develop computer vision algorithms and techniques, apply today!
Our R&D team is a fully remote, cross-functional team made up of talented researchers and engineers from various backgrounds who are always keen to learn about new technologies and state-of-the-art algorithms.
As the Senior Computer Vision and Machine Learning Researcher, you will:
• Be responsible for testing new ideas and algorithms for image search
• Make existing image search algorithms more precise and faster
• Take ownership of image search algorithms research in a highly collaborative applied research environment
• Be able to introduce innovations that can lead to product features or new areas of business
• Take responsibility for communicating with different engineers across Pex to continuously improve and optimize implemented algorithms
We have a lot of people who did not follow the traditional career path. We value people who are curious and collaborative and bring their unique perspectives to work each day. While we’re excited to learn what you can bring to the team, there are a few key things you’ll need that are essential to success in this role:
• Strong knowledge of Computer Vision, ability to innovate, research, test, and assess Computer Vision and Image Retrieval algorithms
• Comprehensive understanding of Machine Learning fundamentals
• Demonstrated expertise in developing Deep Learning or Computer Vision algorithms
• Proven experience with Image Processing (such as image segmentation, feature detection, and object detection)
• Excellent programming skills in Python, C++, or equivalent
• Experience with libraries such as OpenCV, PyTorch, or TensorFlow
• Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
• Former industry experience or published papers in academia
Perks and Benefits:
• Salary: $100.000 - $110.000 USD
• Equity, with perks like a 10-year exercise window
• The day off on your birthday
• 30 days of paid time off + 9 paid holidays
• 12 weeks of paid parental leave (+4 weeks for birth parent)
• A fully remote working environment
• A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
Pex is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.