At 3Cloud, we hire people who aren’t afraid to experiment or fail. We hire people who are willing to give direct and candid feedback to their managers, leaders, and team members. We hire people who jump at those opportunities because they care about our collective growth and success. We hire people who challenge and hold each other accountable for living 3Cloud’s core values because they know that it will result in amazing experiences and solutions for our clients and each other.
We are looking for a Senior Data Science Consultant who will be responsible for delivering high quality machine learning solutions using Microsoft’s Azure suite of tools. You will need to have intermediate to advanced knowledge of Python, Scala, and/or Apache Spark. You need to understand how to explore, preprocess, join, and ingest data. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and will have had success leading technical and economic value discussions with senior client technology executives that drive key decisions and ML implementation. You’ll be supported by a world class team working on world class problems.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and support high performing, reliable and scalable machine learning solutions
- Clearly communicate technical details to technical and management teammates
- Assist business development team with pre-sales activities and RFPs (Request for Proposal)
- Elevate the teams’ talent and quality through active coaching and management
- Manage prioritization ensuring the team is working on top priorities and maximizing value
- Conduct customer discovery meetings to determine requirements
- Work with the sales team to support sales efforts from a technical perspective
- Lead creation of collateral including reference implementations and best practices, and training of sellers and partners in your area of specialization
- Identify, validate, and grow opportunities to accelerate Azure consumption in high potential customer accounts, in partnership with the sales team, by driving solution architecture for Microsoft solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree desired in Computer Science, Operations Research, Information Technology, Applied Math, Economics, Statistics or related quantitative field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with data science, or machine learning work
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Azure technologies, and previous Consulting experience
- Knowledge of Databricks development
- Application engineer level proficiency including in at least two of the following: Python, Spark, Scala
- Ability to develop utilizing the following technologies:
- Data Movement (Apache Spark and Azure Data Factory or Azure Synapse)
- Azure Storage Technologies (Data Lake, Blob Storage)
- Azure Machine Learning
- Azure Databricks
- Expertise in Spark Data Frames API (Application Programming Interfaces) and architecture to ingest and manipulate data, including exploring, preprocessing, joining, filtering, dropping sorting, partitioning, and renaming/manipulating columns in the dataset
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills for both technical and non-technical teams
- Passionate about learning new technologies
- Analytical approach to problem-solving; ability to use technology to solve business problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience leading technical project teams
3Cloud is a Gold-Certified Microsoft Azure technology consulting firm and Azure Expert Managed Services Provider that provides cloud strategy, design, implementation, acquisition, and ongoing managed services to its clients across various industries. To meet the needs of its clients, 3Cloud offers comprehensive services across Cloud Infrastructure, DevOps & Automation, Cloud Application Development and Data, Analytics and AI. 3Cloud uniquely offers: (1) highly experienced and proven cloud architects and technologists, (2) strong business strategy, financial acumen and operational proficiency and (3) deep relationship and network into Microsoft engineering and field leadership.
At this time, we cannot sponsor applicants for work visas. Role requires candidate be based in the United States.