Gladly is a Radically Personal Customer Service Platform that puts people at the center of a single, lifelong conversation. We enable companies to talk to their customers they way people talk to their friends: seamlessly across voice, email, SMS, chat, and social media.
Gladly’s data products are a foundation for enabling contact center leaders to understand their team’s performance and identify opportunities for their company. Because of Gladly’s unique approach to customer service, the data we provide is a key differentiator, not an afterthought. Our data warehouse also gives Gladly’s customer success team the insights to help customers optimize their use of the product. We create a range of metrics and datasets based on carefully designed events and data models. We are looking for a data engineer to join our small, fast-growing and high impact team.
What you’ll do
- Own and drive projects, as well as communicate with stakeholders on requirements, progress and delivery.
- Teach. Provide technical guidance and mentorship in software engineering best practices while demonstrating these as an individual contributor.
- Collaborate. Work closely with small, nimble, cross-functional teams of engineers, product managers, designers, and business teams.
- Contribute. Build a best-in-class data pipeline with a few key attributes:
- repeatable via infrastructure-as-code
- testable, with verification of correctness
- reliable and always-on
- low latency (on the order of minutes)
- Work with experienced colleagues who will be eager to share their knowledge, provide mentorship and help you grow your career.
- Have opportunities to learn and work with technologies used at Gladly like Snowflake, dbt, Debezium, Looker, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Redis, Node.js, Go, Python.
You’ll be successful by
- Being eager to learn Gladly’s business domain and apply this knowledge in building the innovative product.
- Self-organizing and prioritizing your work based on the impact to the customer.
- Understanding how to balance pragmatic solutions with best practices of data engineering.
- Having passion for making the most of our existing technologies and introducing the right tools for problem at hand.
- Showing ownership and pride in your work by promoting data best practices and making them easy for engineering teams to adopt as well as providing ongoing maintenance and support.
We’re excited about you because you have
- 5+ years of engineering experience including 2+ years of working with ETL pipelines, data transformation and modeling.
- Strong teamwork skills. You love participating with high-performing teams of engineers.
- Customer-centricity and product focus. You look at everything you create through the lens of how it improves things for the end-customer. You are comfortable communicating how various technical approaches might impact product behavior (and vice versa).
- Learning mentality because nobody checks every box. You aren't intimidated by new domains or technology; you're willing to dive into documentation/videos, talk to your teammates, and experiment to become well-versed.
- Willingness to work across the development stack. You’re comfortable with working on data pipelines, transformations and implementing insights. You're willing to jump into Gladly backend applications on occasion.
- Operational expertise. You value robust observable solutions with actionable monitoring and the importance of tooling for troubleshooting and resolving issues.
Working at Gladly
People are not just at the heart of our product, they're at the heart of our company.
- We value diverse perspectives and hire new people to enrich our mix, not keep it the same.
- We believe in open communication and share in an inclusive, open culture.
- We have embraced remote work and make it easy for our team to work from anywhere, but we also invest in opportunities to get the teams together in person regularly.
- We learn from each other, and we help each other learn.
- We provide opportunities to move between teams to learn and contribute to other cool technologies used at Gladly.
- We have a strong work ethic, but value life outside of work, too.
Our focus is on people and that starts with our employees. As an employee you can count on:
- Competitive salaries, stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness and home office stipends
Founded in 2014 by a team of repeat entrepreneurs with multiple successful exits, Gladly is reinventing customer service. By focusing on customers instead of tickets, we are disrupting a $70B market and are proud to count Crate and Barrel, Warby Parker and many other innovative brands as customers. Gladly has raised over $110M from Greylock Partners, NEA, GGV Capital, Glynn Capital and JetBlue Tech Ventures.
Gladly has made the decision to become a fully distributed company, allowing employees to live anywhere in the United States, and candidates to come from nearly any geographical region. That said, we also highly value our collaborative and creative culture and commit to meeting in real life as a company at least once per quarter when it is safe to do so.