Come join one of the best places to work in Denver! Are you an engineer that loves building elegant, well-tested, scaleable, maintainable applications and pipelines?
Our team is growing and we’re in need of an experienced Senior Data Engineer to focus on improving our data platform for maximum speed, reliability, and scalability as well as build new data products. Our data stack consists of state of the art, purpose-built tooling (Snowflake, Dagster, Airbyte, Hightouch, Fivetran, Sigma, Tableau) and our cross-functional team is excited to grow!
This is a full-time position based in our Denver, CO office (hybrid working model), or fully remote within the United States.
Compensation: This role has an annual targeted base salary range of $155,000 - $175,000, plus an annual 10% performance bonus target. For additional details on our total benefits package, please review the section “Why Homebot?” at the end of this job description.
What You’ll Be Accountable For:
- Build and maintain data pipelines from internal databases and SaaS applications
- Ship new data products, such as predictive analytics and universal identifiers
- Maintain our data platform to ensure high-quality, timely data delivery
- Create and maintain systems documentation
- Write maintainable, performant code
- Implement DataOps best practices in your daily work
- Stay informed about new technologies and use-cases for applying them
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Collaborate with other team members through code reviews and occasional pair programming
- Work with team leaders to inform product road mapping, identifying bottlenecks, bugs, and devising solutions to these problems
- Understand and influence the vision and overall strategy of our data products and platform
- You will work closely with Engineering, Product, Business Analytics and Design departments
Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong experience in data-focused languages (Python, SQL, Shell, and/or R)
- Comfortable working in multiple languages as needed
- Knowledge of and experience with data-related packages and libraries
- Experience with various types of databases such as PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Snowflake
- Comfortable working with data and data systems via SQL, Elasticsearch Query DSL or similar data-oriented languages
- Hands-on experience implementing ETL (or ELT) best practice
- Knowledge of data-driven REST APIs and related frameworks
- Experience with Orchestration Frameworks such as Airflow, Dagster, Prefect
- Comfortable working with basic infrastructure-as-code tooling (Terraform, Ansible)
- You are familiar with Real Estate and/or Mortgage Lending
- You have had some exposure to business analysis or machine learning projects
Characteristics of a Homebot Engineer:
- A positive, solution oriented thinker who takes initiative and adds value
- A fast learner and excited to help where needed
- A mentor to peers and likes to help others grow
- A pragmatist who places a high value on code quality
- A strong understanding of the value tests provide to a codebase
About Homebot Engineering:
Building amazing product begins with great people. We are a team that believes in what we do and care for each other. Our processes are a reflection of that. We have agile planning and development processes. We craft our code with care - leaning on clean code and clean architecture, always keeping in mind how a new engineer would understand it. Testing is important to us to better document and create confidence in deliveries. We have initiatives like our quarterly HIP sprints that enable engineers to drive efforts around hardening our applications or innovation through experimentation.
If this opportunity gets you pumped - perfect! Apply below and we look forward to speaking with you very soon! (We also read cover letters so take a moment to tell us what makes you a great fit for us!)
Who We Strive To Be as Homebotters:
- We are Humbly Hungry
- We are Courageously Authentic
- We Challenge Limiting Beliefs
- We Keep our Eye on the Ball, Hand in the Dirt
- and we do all of this TOGETHER, as a team, and we have fun doing it!
Read about how we rolled out these new values to the organization!
We believe in a collaborative, fun work environment. And when we say we have an awesome culture, we mean it. The team members, aka Homebotters, are not only passionate about our product, but also about how they interact with each other. We push ourselves every day to be better, challenge each other to continuously grow, and to have fun doing it. We are professional when we need to be and goofy when it’s time to celebrate a win. We realize we might be a little biased so we encourage you to check out our Glassdoor reviews and visit BuiltinColorado’s Best Places to Work list (#82!) and Best Midsize Places to Work (#46) for 2023!
With the mortgage and tech industries being highly male-dominated, we're proud to be a tech company in the mortgage space with ~40% female employees across the organization. We encourage you to check out two of our awesome BuiltinColorado’s articles featuring one of our fantastic engineers, as well as our Chief Customer Officer!!
We appreciate and value what our team members do every day, so we offer some amazing benefits to reward them:
- Medical (Aetna) / Dental (Sun Life) / Vision (VSP)
- Homebot covers 99% for the employee and 50% for dependents
- 401(k) match
- Homebot matches 100% on the first 3% and an additional 50% on the next 2% (Homebotter contributes 5% and receives 4% from Homebot!)
- Flexible Vacation Policy - we believe in taking care of yourself & rewarding team members so we offer flexible time off policy!
- 6 days of Sick/Mental Health time
- Paid Parental Leave - 12 Weeks!
- Hybrid Working Model - Blend Work From Home and In-Office Days
- Budget for Home Office Setup
- Denver EcoPass for light rail and bus system
- Office location in downtown Denver (modern, spacious 4-story with top floor deck ⛰)
- Weekly catered lunches in-office on Thursdays
- Nitro cold brew, french press, and snacks (vegan, gluten-free and food allergy safe options available)
- Stocked beer/wine fridge
- Fun quarterly events like Rockies games, holiday parties, etc.
- Awesome culture! Awesome coworkers! (seriously, have you seen Glassdoor?)
- We give back to the community (Habitat for Humanity, Giving Tree)
- Open work environment with sit/stand desks
- Financial Wellness Program
- Free Employee Assistance Program & Mental Health Coaches
- Educational Assistance Program
- Annual Training Budget for Professional Development
Our DEI Mission
Homebot values and is strengthened by diversity. We believe that everyone comes from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. With that, we’re committed to ensuring equity within as many aspects of our organization as we can.
Homebot is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all applicants to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation including transgender status, national origin/ancestry, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, marital status, familial status or veteran status. We also encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description :)
More about Homebot
Problem we’re solving:
The US homeownership market is the largest asset class in the world at $30 trillion but is essentially an “unmanaged” asset that causes people to leave billions of dollars on the table every year. At the same time, loan officers and real estate agents spent $20 billion a year on desperate attempts to maintain mindshare and loyalty with their past clients in hopes of gaining more repeat and referral business.
Homebot is a client-for-life portal that maximizes repeat and referral business for lenders by empowering consumers to build wealth through homeownership. The award-winning client portal delivers personalized, actionable intelligence throughout the entire homeownership lifecycle to every client and prospect. With an average 50% monthly engagement rate, Homebot ensures lenders and agents remain the trusted advisors that consumers rely on to make informed decisions about the largest asset they may ever own, their home.
It’s definitely a game-changer and we are truly making an impact. Having launched in 2016, we're over 100 Homebotters strong and expect to continue that growth throughout the year. Join us!
Check out our website at www.homebot.ai