At Otrium, we don’t blindly fall in love with ideas, we listen to what the data tells us. As a Data Engineer at Otrium, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring data-driven decision making at Otrium. You will be a part of the growing Data & Analytics team and work on maintaining & elevating the data warehouse, building big data ETL pipelines, creating dashboards and answering complex questions about our customers and our business.
- You will develop robust end-to-end BI & Analytics solutions according to requirements or proactively to support a variety of stakeholders make data-driven decisions
- You will be the go-to person for all aspects of the DWH (single source of truth) –design, performance, data quality
- You will build and optimize ‘big data’ ETL pipelines in Spark - consolidate data relating to the business from disparate sources, collaborate with teams to integrate more data sources
- You will leverage analytics & machine learning to answer complex questions about our customers and our business
- You will implement Looker models, create dashboards with actionable insights and facilitate self-service BI
- You will ensure that company-wide reporting & department-specific reporting is available in a timely manner
- The BI team’s technology stack –Redshift, Spark, Looker, R/Python
- 6+ years of professional experience in a comparable Data Engineer or BI Engineer role in a fast-paced and dynamic business setting
- Profound understanding of databases (relational, column-based, NoSQL), DWH design, SQL querying and optimization
- Experience with big data tools and writing code for big data ETL pipelines using Spark/Scala/Hadoop
- Dash-boarding & storytelling skills (experience in Looker would be an advantage)
- Working knowledge of scalable BI&A infrastructure, APIs, workflow management tools, message queuing, stream processing, and ‘big data’ data stores
- Bonus points for experience in performing complex analyses, statistical techniques and implementing machine learning models in Python/R
- Bonus points for relevant Master’s degree with a strong quantitative orientation (e.g., business, economics, tech, data, econometrics, mathematics, physics);
- Bonus points for relevant industry knowledge (marketing, pricing, strategy, supply chain, etc.)
Our values: #WearIt
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Wins are celebrated. Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- #Embrace mistakes. Not only do we celebrate our successes, but we also make sure Otrium is a safe space to embrace our challenges and difficulties together.
- #Amaze our customers. You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset, ensuring that all clothing is worn by happy customers.
- #Rely on data. As a purpose-led business committed to addressing the issue of unsold inventory, we don’t blindly fall in love with ideas: we listen to what the data tells us and provide input back into the industry.
- #Impact on a global scale. The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!).
- #Take ownership. Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done.
Excited about what you're reading?
- Apply by clicking the button below, we would love to hear as much as possible about yourself and why you’d like to be a part of Otrium
- Our recruiter will contact you to find out if you’re the right fit for the role
- Introductory talk with the hiring manager focused on the technical & team fit
- A technical assignment to test your technical expertise
- Final round where you’ll meet the rest of the team and be challenged on your submission
We look forward to hearing from you!