Senior Data Scientist
ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization onG2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a creative Senior Data Scientist to join our Data Science product team. The Senior Data Scientist will leverage value from terabytes of platform data including user-UI interactions, email and marketing content, email enrichment tags, etc.
Past data science products have included predicting deal closures, email send schedules, and suggesting best email. We have also worked on optimizing our platform’s marketing automations and much more.
What your day could consist of:
- Interviewing business teams and brainstorming appropriate (accuracy & effort) data science solutions
- Collating existing and new hypothesized data sets for proof of concepts
- Statistically exploring data with underlying business processes in mind
- Prototyping data science/machine learning models, then polishing later
- Building data science products from proof-of-concept to production
- Creating solid quant metrics of impact, making them visually accessible
- Letting creative ideas rule the day. Don't settle for the first solution, research and dig to the core
- Ongoing support of in-production models (change in process, abnormalities, outliers etc.)
- Presenting data as a story
- Promoting data science products company-wide
What is needed:
- Extensive and proven experience delivering sound analytical insight with statistics and machine learning (business or science)
- Ability to explore and prototype independently in Python (preference) or any other (e.g. R, Mathematica, Matlab) yet moving to Python
- Excellent SQL skills
- Excellent communication and business analysis skills. We improve business processes, understanding them fully (including underlying data) is the key
- A desire to be part of a small team where hierarchy is discouraged, everyone's input matters, your work has a high impact, and everyone is working together
- Information sponge, you live data and relationships
- Research scientific papers/business solutions from cross-functional fields
- Re-use as much as possible
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can seemore of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.