Cookie preferences Accept all
(Senior) Sales Engineer
Data Engineering · Atlanta, Helsinki Flexible Remote
Fired up about data? Join us in making better data available for everyone! 📈
It all started from a Google t-shirt.
🚀 What kind of a place is Supermetrics?
- We are a diverse community of curious minds and data geeks that are excited to build the best business data solutions ever. Kindness, humility, openness, and dedication to our respective crafts are some of our most prevalent traits.
- We build products that are used by 400k people around the world in small and big companies alike (our more well-known customers include the BBC, Dyson, WarnerBros, and Greenpeace to name a few).
- Supermetrics was founded in 2013 as a result of one data geek’s will to win a Google t-shirt. We have been profitable and growing ever since.
🔧 As Sales Engineer at Supermetrics, you will:
- Collaborate with the Sales team to help pitch the Supermetrics products and value proposition to existing and potential customers.
- Understand the fundamentals of the entire data stack, and quickly learn new data systems to support the sales team.
- Be the product expert when evaluating how to work with a new prospect
- Communicate technical requirements and potential competitor solutions. Provide a strong technical response in aid to a prospect’s needs.
- Follow product releases and new features, assist in training new hires and colleagues.
- Document and deliver both product feedback and new requirements from prospects to the Supermetrics product development team.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Supermetrics products, working closely with our support team and product development teams to resolve critical technical issues.
🏆 Your background:
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical customer facing role.
- Possible technical domains can be data warehouse or ETL specialist, data engineering, analytics engineering or cloud consulting.
- Marketing domain knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Excellent skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, on a call or whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Ability to influence technical audiences in their language and influence business audiences by translating complex technology concepts into understandable components.
- Hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL based analytics. Python, R, or dbt are an advantage.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience with one tool from each category is expected:
- BI and Dashboarding Technologies:
Tableau, PowerBI, Google Data Studio, Qlik, Chartio
- Cloud Data Warehouses: Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Azure Synapse Analytics (formerly known as Azure SQL Data Warehouse), Amazon Redshift
- Development tools & Data modelling: Looker, dbt, Dataform
- Cloud Infrastructure Providers: AWS, GCP, Azure
- BI and Dashboarding Technologies:
🍭 Perks, benefits and other cool stuff
We understand our people is our greatest asset and so we do our best to take care of our team members. That's why we:
- Take great care in hiring only people we believe will bring positivity into the team. You don't have to fart rainbows but we don't hire people who aren't kind and humble either.
- Try to make coming to work a happy daily occasion. This means both making sure we have an awesome community but also making our physical surroundings cozy.
- Make sure you have the equipment you need to work comfortably and allow the usage of our work devices for casual use as well.
- Organize team events from annual company wide ones to office-specific activities. We also encourage our team members to come up with their own ideas for fun activities from smaller scale (like playing games or cooking together) to bigger company sponsored ones.
- Host company-wide all hands on deck meetings weekly and monthly basis to stay connected with our fellow team members across our offices.
Want to learn more? You can check this link to get to know us even better 🙌
Or, know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!
Have a peek at our new headquarters in Helsinki
Take a look around at our super cosy Helsinki HQ, that we've renovated with love to be the inspiring environment that we all get to enjoy on a daily basis - from fun meeting rooms and nature vibes to sauna with a view and terrace equipped for grill parties ✨
Some quick facts about us 📊
- Coworkers 134
- Founded in 2013
Already working at Supermetrics?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.
Applicant tracking system by Teamtailor