Mindstrong has offices in Mountain View, CA and San Francisco, CA but candidates for this position can be located anywhere in the US.
Who is Mindstrong?
Mindstrong is a research-driven, consumer-focused mental healthcare company working to unlock a new virtual care model for delivering healthcare to people living with a serious mental illness (SMI) through innovations in measurement science, and care delivery. Our services are offered to people with an SMI through active partnerships with several nationwide health insurance payers.
As a Series C company, we have a blend of science, technology, and healthcare talent to help us unlock this paradigm-shifting approach, including the likes of National Institute for Mental Health, Stanford Center for Neurobiological Imaging, Uber, Facebook, Google, Apple, Oscar Health, and CMS.
We’d love to talk more!
What is the Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning Role?
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning to join our growing team of people passionate about changing mental healthcare. In this role, you will work cross functionally and partner with machine learning engineers, data scientists, product managers, data analysts, and the clinicians who directly deliver care to our Mindstrong members. You will lead projects that derive value from our extensive amount of data and will work on problems related to predicting and measuring mental health outcomes, optimizing our growth funnel, matching clinicians with patients, increasing the efficiency of clinical services, and making recommendations for impactful interventions. Our team works across the company to help influence decision-making, and your work will have a direct impact on our patient population.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the end-to-end architecture and development of machine learning solutions
- Mentor a small team of machine learning engineers and work alongside them to define, architect, and build solutions to advance our project goals
- Become an expert in building healthcare critical machine learning applications that remap brain circuits from human-computer interaction patterns
- Work with high-performance engineering and data science teams to deploy these applications in a highly scalable and distributed infrastructure
- Improve the quality and availability of care for millions of people around the world
Who you are:
- You feel good about your work knowing that what you do will affect the lives of millions of people around the world
- Eager to thrive in a startup environment
- Strong communicator (oral and written)
- A good person, highly ethical, and accepting of others
Your background and skills:
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience in software engineering or production-level data science experience working with large scale data-driven systems
- Experience working as a team lead, or in a mentorship capacity
- Excellent knowledge of machine learning models and evaluation techniques
- Experience training, deploying, and monitoring machine learning models in both research and production environments
- Experience with feature engineering and ETL development
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Experience working cross functionally across data science and engineering
- Detail oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of delivering on tight schedules
- Experience writing production quality Python code a must; Spark and Java/Scala a plus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 10 paid holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Telecommuting benefits
Join us in our journey to transform the future of brain health!
Mindstrong is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that celebrates diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All individuals seeking employment at Mindstrong are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Mindstrong also strives for a safe and robust workplace and prohibits harassment of any kind. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation for interviewing, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org