Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all!
As the Data Scientist on Trust & Safety, you will help make Rec Room safe, inviting, and inclusive for people from all walks of life. We want everyone to play, socialize, and express themselves free from harassment and discrimination.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead our DS effort in identifying malicious actors who are trying to detract from that experience.
- Research and define our core T&S KPIs to help us monitor our system.
- Dive deep into the patterns of fake accounts and identify opportunities for stopping them.
- Look into fraudulent financial transactions, build our ML models to identify bad actors, and integrate with our support and moderation teams to stop them.
- Work closely with our operations team to develop tools to improve efficiency
- Have the opportunity for broad impact across all facets of Rec Room.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH:
- 5+ years of analytics experience, with a proven track record of deriving insights that lead to product changes
- 2+ years in a fraud detection or integrity focused role within a consumer based app
- Significant expertise in experimentation methodologies
- Very strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience with Python or R is a plus
- Effective communicator with the ability to distill complex concepts into easily digestible insights
- A Bachelor’s or Masters in Math, CS, or related field
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! We are building first-party games and user-generated content tools that allow our players to make their own games and spaces, and to sell their creations across multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR).
We are offering full time Co-Ops & Internships to Graduate Students & Seniors who are interested in working in the Games Industry. These are paid internships where you will be embedded on a development team, with the goal of shipping features to Rec Room by the end of your Co-Op or Internship.
WINTER 2023: JANUARY - MAY
- Build the tools that allow creators to sell wares via the in-game economy
- Design and build creative tools that players use to collaboratively build within Rec Room
- Proactively prototype new ideas and solutions
- Use metrics to track feature performance and inform design decisions
- Build robust systems and tools that can stand up to malicious actors
- Contribute creatively to the game and economy design process
- Work on a broad variety of features and systems cross collaboratively with other teams as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience in games or a closely-related field (school projects or small/indie games are great)
- Experience using and/or familiarity with Unity, Unreal, or a similar game engine
- Fluency in C#
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, ambiguous development environment.
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- To be eligible to participate in our internship/co-op program, you must be available for full-time work during our core hours (10:00am - 4:30pm Pacific Time).
- Strong interaction design & implementation skills
- Experience with live services and rapid-deployment
- Experience with metrics/telemetry
- Experience with and passion for in-game economies
- Experience with and passion for User Generated Content
- Experience with and passion for design
- Ability and interest in converting to full time at the end of the internship
Company Info to Know
The base pay range for this position is $138,750-231,250 per year; however, the base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, location, skills, and experience. Stock options and, in some cases, a sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. We also offer a full slate of benefits, including flexible vacation, medical, dental vision, life and disability coverage, long-term care insurance, FSA, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan with company match, and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard benefits, including equipment, family, and pet care stipends.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.