For over 11 years, mindbodygreen has been guiding people towards lives of greater meaning, connection, fulfillment, and purpose. Here you’ll find a 360-degree approach to wellness that weaves the mental, physical, spiritual, emotional, and environmental aspects of well-being together. We also have tremendous ambitions and have a lot of fun pursuing them — if that excites you, we would love to have you join us.
About the role
mindbodygreen is looking for a Data Analyst to support our dynamic and fast-paced wellness business as we grow direct-to-consumer eCommerce (supplements), online education and advertising business lines. As an analyst, you will help the team understand performance by developing analytical tools and performing ad-hoc analysis. You will assist with product testing, modeling, data investigations, and visualizations. You will maintain our daily, weekly & monthly reporting as well as expanding our reporting capabilities. You will be a valued partner and trusted advisor across the company. This position reports to the Sr. Manager, Data Analytics.
What you’ll do
- You’ll combine and analyze data from multiple data sources (purchases, site activity, email activity, customer service data) to build holistic models of our subscribers, products and traffic.
- Partner with marketing, finance, editorial and sales teams to understand their data needs, make recommendations, and ultimately deliver self service reports and dashboards.
- Build best-in-class measurement and testing capabilities, helping the marketing team make faster and better decisions.
- Provide the analytical firepower to help evolve our lifecycle retention strategy to increase customer engagement and lifetime value.
- Work with editorial and sales teams to understand sources of site traffic, readership trends and key drivers of growth.
- Analyze large data sets and develop custom models to uncover trends, patterns, and insights in customer and site traffic data.
- Create reports & dashboards that support a wide variety of business needs.
- Assist in analyzing A/B testing, including test development and post-campaign analysis.
Who you are
- 2+ years of experience in a data analytics role, preferably within a fast-growing retail/ecommerce company, particularly businesses that leverage a content-to-commerce strategy.
- Superior research, statistical, analytical, processing and mathematical skills with ability to structure and conduct analyses.
- Proficiency in SQL is essential; knowledge of advanced statistical modeling is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with modern data analytics stack (e.g. AWS Redshift, dbt, Looker) is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Segment or other event tracking.
- Experience with attribution models and financial modeling.
- Natural curiosity -- asking the next question and seeking to understand at the nuanced level to spark a new idea.
- Background working within a team in a data-driven environment.
- Outstanding attention to detail and a commitment to timelines, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and shift gears quickly.
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- You have a Bachelor or Master's Degree.
- Working with an incredibly talented, smart, and ambitious team.
- Exposure to senior leadership and the ability to work with every team across the org.
- Opportunity for career and professional growth.
- Free access to all mindbodygreen online classes and our Functional Nutrition Coaching programs + discounts on our supplements.
- Health Insurance, 401k, Commuter Benefits, and more via Justworks.
- Can work anywhere!
- Unlimited paid time off, paid holidays and generous leave options for life events.
mindbodygreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.