Build and maintain a world-class, modern data stack to power data-driven decisions
Join our data team as our first Analytics Engineer at Aula and design, build, and maintain our data infrastructure. You will join our fast-paced team to ensure that the data collected is reliable, scalable, and timely. Our core focus here at Aula is in enabling both us and our educators to make data-informed decisions
- Location: Remote within GMT 0 to GMT - 6 hours
- Reporting to: Kelly Burdine (Data Lead)
- Contract: Permanent Full-time Employee
- Salary: £85 - 100k ($119k-$140k) based on location and level of experience
- Cutting edge Analytics Engineering role in a fast-paced EdTech startup; Fivetran, Stitch, dbt, Snowflake, and Metabase.
Aula is the Learning Experience Platform (LXP) for higher education.
We are building a community-first product that brings together students and educators in a digital environment to interact and collaborate.
Our team’s core focus is enabling both Aula and our educators to make data informed decisions.
- Passionate about data. You have the curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data
- Someone who has a lot of attention to detail. You have a high bar for quality and consistency
- Someone who can communicate clearly and directly about complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences in an engaging and inspirational manner
- A problem solver. You know how to break a problem down and balance short term goals with long term objectives
- Be a part of a high-performing and inclusive team that values autonomy.
- Work with your teammates to set high goals — and celebrate success when we hit them.
- Contribute to building a collaborative, productive and friendly remote workplace.
- Automate the creation of new data ingestion pipelines that can scale as fast as Aula
- Implement new event logging (e.g.Snowplow, Iteratively) across our entire product in the next 6-12 months that can support near real-time reporting
- Design and build out analytic data models that support answering questions from our product team and company leaders
- Maintain our current data infrastructure (Fivetran, Stitch, dbt, Snowflake, and Metabase) and make recommendations on new tooling to achieve our objectives
- Improve our data transformation process to reduce build time
- Ensure reporting is accurate, reliable, secure, and scalable
- Implement security protocols to make sure we are compliant with GDPR and contractual obligations
As an organisation, we are remote first, asynchronous by default. Our rituals allow us to have a team based all around the world and deliver reliable and accurate data solutions. We want this person to have several hours overlap with the rest of the data team so we’re hiring from anywhere Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and -6 hours of GMT (London to Chicago). We’re not hiring from places that require a graveyard shift to make the overlap happen.
About the team
Our Data team is made up of a team lead, analytic engineer (you!), data analyst, and user researcher. We work closely with our product, commercial, and operations teams to provide the reporting and insights for internal decision makers. We are also working to provide our students and educators data and insights within the Aula platform.
Our virtues are what makes Aula as an organisation unique.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion should not be mistaken with building an organisation where 8 billion people would thrive. We lean into what makes Aula unique: we’re building an organisation where high performing people are silly ambitious about improving education - at scale.
We judge our virtues by what we do, not what we say.
Our virtues are
🚀 Silly Ambitious
🔍 Uncomfortably Focused
🗣 Transparent by Default