Help our team make important decisions everyday.
As our first Senior Data Analyst at Aula you will help our leaders make data-informed decisions by analysing and visualising data to tell compelling stories. Our core focus here at Aula is in enabling both us and our educators to make data-informed decisions. You will be a key player at the center of our Data first approach.
- Permanent Full-time Remote Role within GMT - 6 hours
- Reporting to: Kelly Burdine (Data Lead)
- High-impact, high visibility role in a fast paced EdTech startup
- Salary: £73k - £85k ($100k-$116k/day) based on location and level of experience
Behind the scenes look at our data stack; Fivetran, Stitch, dbt, Snowflake, and Metabase
Aula is the Learning Experience Platform (LXP) for higher education.
We are building a community-first product that brings together students and educators in a digital environment to interact and collaborate.
Our team’s core focus is enabling both Aula and our educators to make data informed decisions. We build things core to decision making within the business and a recommendations feature within our product that helps educators help students succeed.
- Passionate about data. You have the curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data
- Someone who has a lot of attention to detail. You have a high bar for quality and consistency
- A storyteller. You know how to extract and communicate insights out of data to drive action
- A problem solver. You know how to break a problem down and balance short term goals with long term objectives
- Be a part of a high-performing and inclusive team that values autonomy.
- Work with your teammates to set high goals — and celebrate success when we hit them.
- Contribute to building a collaborative, productive and friendly remote workplace.
- Double the percentage of educators who say they love Aula by analysing and identifying trends in usage and survey data and providing those insights to our PMs to create the most impactful product roadmap
- Identify the core action(s) that help educators realize the value of Aula and improve retention
- Help our educators and partner institutions understand Aula’s impact on student outcomes by analysing product usage, university data, and survey data and creating top-notch reporting
- Analyse product usage to understand which educator actions drive student engagement and provide those insights through a new insights and recommendation feature in Aula
- Build, maintain, and communicate company level metrics
- Design and build out analytic data models that support answering questions from our product team and company leaders
- Build new and exciting revenue streams with Data
As an organisation we are remote first, asynchronous by default. Our rituals allow us to have a team based all around the world and deliver reliable and accurate data solutions. We want this person to have several hours overlap with the rest of the data team so we’re hiring from anywhere Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and -6 hours of GMT (London to Chicago). We’re not hiring from places that require a graveyard shift to make the overlap happen.