Colvin is born to disrupt the €30Bn European floral industry through an optimized supply chain direct from the growers, long-lasting flowers at a lower market price and a modern brand with a frictionless, simple, and elegant user experience!
Do you love data? Do you want to work with a modern data stack using Stitch, Google Composer, dbt, BigQuery, Looker, learn them and participate in choosing the next ones? Do you love SQL? Do you love transforming data and reducing 20 lines of code into 5? Do you want to use ELT instead of ETL? Do you believe the data team should adopt version control, data testing and data documentation processes? Do you also want to solve problems for the various stakeholders at a company and make their lives easier and work collaboratively with them and the data team?
If you say yes to some of these questions, apply now!
We are looking for an Analytics Engineer to join our Data team.
- Work closely with data analysts and backend engineers to understand business requirements and provide data ready for analysis.
- Design high-performance, reusable, and scalable data models for our data warehouse to ensure that our end-users get consistent and reliable answers when running their own analyses.
- Be a SQL whiz! You know how to write SQL which is easy to understand, simple to troubleshoot and that is highly performant.
- Schedule data transformation and analysis pipelines using airflow (Google Composer)
- Continuously discover, transform, test, deploy and document data sources
- Apply, help define, and champion data warehouse governance: data quality, testing, coding best practises, and peer reviews
- Apply advanced aggregations and data wrangling techniques for predictive analytics
- Contribute towards the strategy and design of self service analytics reporting in Looker.
- Apply software engineering best practices like version control and continuous integration to the analytics code base.
- Coach analysts and data scientists on software engineering best practices
What we are looking for:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience).
- Experience working as part of a data team; preferably as either a data analyst or data engineer.
- Excellent SQL skills, Data Modelling and Python
- Working experience with Google Cloud Platform/Amazon Web Services
- Experience with task orchestration tools (Ex.Airflow, Luigi)
- Cloud Data Warehousing experience in Bigquery or another distributed platform (e.g. Redshift or Snowflake)
- Import and transform data from many third-party APIs
- Experience of GitHub actions a plus
- Nice-to-haves: prior experience modelling data in LookML and dbt (data build tool)
- Fluent in Spanish.
- You are a team player. You understand the only way to have an exponential growth is to work together as a team.
- Have a partner-centric mindset with business. When you create something, you care about the business partners and try to provide the best experience possible.
- Quality in mind. You can easily detect whether a data result is good or bad in terms of quality and you understand that building good code with strong testing is key to growth and sustainability
- Curiosity, open to learn new things and share the ones you expertise.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have experience designing and implementing features in collaboration with product owners, reporting analysts/data analysts, and business partners within an Agile / Scrum methodology.
What are we offering?
- Join a talented, international and young team where all ideas count and we take care of your development really seriously.
- Continuous learning and internal training programs such as Coursera subscriptions and language classes.
- Competitive Salary.
- Remote first culture & flexible working hours.
- Possibility to work in our coworking in Barcelona open 24h with services like free gym.
- Flexible retribution for kindergarten, transportation and food.
If you have read until here you should write to us. We want to know more about you!