While it appears to most people that we just sell training courses (over 20,000 of them), what we really offer is the opportunity for companies to upgrade the skills of each of their employees. In fact, we have strategic partnerships with 100+ Global2000 companies who rely on our training programs to develop the world’s most productive and admired workforces.
Help build OpenSesame from the emerging leader in enterprise business training to the clear, worldwide leader over the next four years. You will build and maintain OpenSesame’s enterprise data model, delivering critical data to drive decision making and analysis across all business units. Your expertise and skill in bringing software engineering concepts like source control, CI/CD, and automated testing to our data sources, pipelines, ETL/ELT processes and data modeling and visualization tools will enhance and complete our significant investment in enabling each team to develop actionable insights from a consistent, ever-improving platform.
If you want a chance to thrill our customers and your teammates, we need to talk. When we do talk we'll be discussing all of the details behind these major performance objectives. We hope you'll be the one building the plan and delivering on these goals.
First 180 day Performance Objectives:
- Implement CI/CD pipeline for DBT packages running in Fivetran and Snowflake
- Migrate current set of LookML models into DBT models without affecting existing Looker looks, explores, and dashboards
- Secure and limit proliferation of customer personal data in analytics data pipelines, models, and reports
We are looking for specific examples from your previous experience that proves you can do this job successfully so that when you look back month-after-month and reflect on your efforts and your team’s accomplishments at OpenSesame, it is with great confidence knowing you exceeded all of the performance expectations and have advanced the business to a much better place than when you arrived.
- Build and maintain Data Pipelines and ETL/ELT processes
- Develop and administer governance strategies for protection of customer data
- Work with Data Analysts, Data Science, and other stakeholders to identify and develop sources and destinations of data
- Ensure data integrity for downstream consumers
- Manage data migrations seamlessly as producing teams migrate source schemas
- You have outstanding analytical, problem-solving, and technical skills along with great attention to detail
- You possess the business acumen necessary to understand urgent stakeholder challenges in the context of
- Real-world experience with modern data stack tools such as dbt, Looker, Fivetran, Google BigQuery and/or Snowflake
- Experience using software development methods (git, CI/CD, automated testing, code reuse etc) in an analytics context
- Strong interpersonal skills to translate key requirements into actionable technical requests
- A pragmatic approach to getting things done and good time management skills
Tools and Technologies
Become the Best Version of Yourself
We want OpenSesame to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and the world we live in.
We know that a variety of perspectives and voices strengthen our ability to deliver the spark of learning to everyone.
We hold ourselves accountable to create more diverse, equitable, and inclusive communities through continuous learning, personal growth, and working to support our customers.
We welcome you to bring your authentic self to our team and grow beyond your expectations.