Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
As a BI Analyst on the Marketing team, you will join an organization whose mandate is to develop foundational data and reporting infrastructure essential to driving Square's revenue growth, optimizing spend, and measuring impact of marketing campaigns. You will support our global marketing teams in bridging the gap between business requirements and technical implementation. You will lead efforts to measure SEO and Content Marketing performance, and feed that measurement into high-level strategy for the teams and their partners. You will synthesize insights through the vast amount of data captured by Square, and develop applicable strategies to grow Square while maintaining customer experience. This is a high-impact role, working with partners in global marketing, data engineering, web strategy, and product to answer challenging questions that directly affect our customer experience and Square's growth. You will help build and promote a culture of experimentation and self-serve access to data to make better and faster decisions. Your work will have an impact on hundreds of stakeholders at Square.
- Be the expert on SEO data and establish best practices through experimentation and rigorous measurement
- Determine KPIs, build ETLs, construct dashboards and other tools for you and other stakeholders to monitor SEO and Content Marketing health, and ensure accurate and reliable business reporting
- Partner and support Content Marketing team with their reporting needs
- Break down nuanced, complex data for team members, while keeping customer and business context in mind
- Challenge assumptions and pressure-test analyses
- Partner with business leads to understand their data and reporting requirements and translate them into Product Requirement Definitions and technical specifications
- Join a team of motivated, intelligent analysts and data engineers and contribute your insights back to the broader data community at Square.
- Use data to advocate for our customers' experience.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an analytics role.
- 5+ years of experience in an analytics role (e.g. web analytics, product analytics, data science).
- Technical skill in SQL, ETL development and data analysis.
- Thoughtful data intuition; focusing on the challenges of a data problem.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and cross-collaboration.
- Experience with data visualization preferably using Looker.
- Familiarity with data warehouse design, development and best practices.
- Experience delivering on impactful data projects with multiple, often senior, partners.
- Experience with SEO and Web data is a plus.
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources