We believe everyone should be able to participate and thrive in the economy. So we’re building tools that make commerce easier and more accessible to all. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, and our Cash app lets people pay each other back instantly. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. Let’s shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Developers team is leading the evolution to an open platform that provides access to a rich ecosystem of services for our merchants. We are focused on helping third-party developers build applications and integrations to meet the needs of different merchants to help them better run their business. And good business for them is good business for us.
As an embedded Data Engineer on the Developers Analytics team, you will architect and manage data-processing pipelines, data models, and data visualization tools that curate platform data for fast and thorough analysis. You will empower the Developers Analytics team to perform data-driven analyses off of reliable, available, and accurate data.
- Develop and own the Developers data warehouse and related data pipelines to empower data access and self-service
- Partner with business stakeholders and downstream data consumers to understand data and translate business requirements into scalable data pipelines
- Perform analysis, insight requests, and data extractions to resolve business issues
- Build and maintain data visualization backend models
- 5+ years of data engineer experience in a successful data engineering or business intelligence team with expert knowledge of data warehouse architecture and hands on experience of data modeling design, ETL pipeline implementation and building reports with Looker or similar BI visualization tools.
- Hands on experience in cloud-based computing services and data warehouses like Snowflake, Redshift, Azure, or similar technologies.
- Strong communication, business intuition, and empathy partnered with the ability to understand complex business systems
- An openness to learning new languages
At Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.