Figure is transforming the trillion dollar financial services industry using blockchain technology.
In three short years, Figure has unveiled a series of fintech firsts using the Provenance blockchain for loan origination, equity management, private fund services, banking and payments sectors - bringing speed, efficiency and savings to both consumers and institutions. Today, Figure is one of less than a thousand companies considered a unicorn, globally.
Our mission requires us to have a creative, team-oriented, and supportive environment where everyone can do their absolute best. The team is composed of driven, innovative, collaborative, and curious people who love architecting ground-breaking technologies. We value individuals who bring an entrepreneurial mindset to every task and will embrace our culture of innovation.
Every day at Figure is a journey in continuous learning yet a daily focus on getting work done that makes a difference. Join a team of proven leaders who have already created billions of dollars in value in the FinTech space!
Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers
Forbes Top 50 Blockchain Companies
Figure Series D Announcement
About the Role
We’re looking for a Credit Risk Manager, Forecasting & Analytics to add to our growing Credit Team! This role reports to our Senior Director of Risk and is responsible for building and presenting performance tracking and loss forecasting for mortgage and consumer lending products. This role will interface regularly with Senior Leadership to present data driven findings and impact business decisions. Join us!
What You’ll Do
- Establishes and maintains effective performance tracking and loss forecasting
- Develops and automates reports in collaboration with Analytics, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs. Facilitates implementation of work product and ensure accuracy
- Delivers effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, creating visual displays of quantitative information
- Identify credit risk (delinquency, roll rate, and loss) trends and drive insights to further strengthen loss forecasting analytics. Provide leadership with analytical insight that assists senior management with fact based decision making
- Identify improvement opportunity, form hypothesis, proposes, designs and implements tests to drive strategy enhancement and optimization
- Serve as a change agent, remove obstacles and create efficiencies
- Use analytical techniques to develop insights from loan performance data and identify opportunities for deploying innovative collections tools and strategies in collaborations with Servicing
- Collaborate with our partner collections agency(s) by directly interfacing with agency leads and floor managers, setting performance expectations and maintaining an effective partnership at all times
- Share insights into credit losses with the Fraud risk management team to allow for appropriate focus on customer defaults
What We Look For
- Bachelor/Master’s degree with a quantitative background (e.g. Statistics, Math, Finance, Economics)
- 5+ years of analytical experience preferably in credit risk analysis or business analysis.
- Familiarity in statistical techniques used in forecasting credit performance
- Proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics.
- Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation
- Strong intuition and judgement into material aspects of the business and forecasts
- Strong verbal communication, written documentation, and presentation skills
- Strong technical skills such as SQL, R/Python, and ability to independently access and analyze relational data sets
- Experience with data visualization tools (like Tableau)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and growth opportunities
- Company quarterly performance based bonus
- Equity stock options package
- Employer funded comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance and wellness program for employees and their dependents
- Employer funded life and disability insurance coverage
- Company HSA, FSA, Dependent Care, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- In office, remote, and hybrid work location options
- Home office and technology stipend for those working outside of a traditional office more than 75% of the time
- Flexible time-off plan to empower employees to take the time off that they want and need
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Routine Team swag deliveries!
Depending on your residential location certain laws might regulate the way Figure manages applicant data. California Residents, please review our California Employee and Prospective Employee Privacy Notice for further information. By submitting your application, you are agreeing and acknowledging that you have read and understand the above notice.
Figure will not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.