Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. The team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
What you’ll do:
- Design, build and maintain scalable data models to power self-service business intelligence tools and promote data-driven decision making
- Own data projects end-to-end working with tools like Airflow, DBT, and Looker
- Analyze complex datasets and communicate findings to stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to gather and understand data requirements
- Architect and maintain pipelines for moving data into various third-party services, furthering our personalization capabilities
- Build and maintain data tests and documentation
- Serve as resident data quality advocate
- Collaborate with engineering on infrastructure projects
- Proactively seek out and investigate new technologies to advance Starry’s analytics practice
- Eagerness to build a best-in-class data practice
- 4+ years of experience modeling, visualizing and interpreting data
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL
- Proficiency in a scripting language, Python preferred
- Familiar with modern data technologies/stack such as Airflow, DBT, Snowflake, Redshift, Docker, Git, Looker, Mode, Tableau etc.
- Enthusiasm for conducting reproducible analysis; we believe in code review, version control, and solid documentation
- Strong ability to build collaborative, productive relationships with colleagues/teams across Starry
- Skilled at working in an autonomous environment where you’ll work independently to execute on various projects
Starry values providing prospective employees with a fair chance to pursue opportunities. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable Fair Chance ordinance.
For Colorado residents: Salary range of $115,000 to $130,000. Final salary will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, education, and training.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
All full time Starry employees receive:
- 100% employer-paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D, and life insurance and access to our 401(k) retirement plan
- Equity compensation grant - so all employees have a stake in our continued success
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen, and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.