Who is Blueprint?
We are a technology solutions firm headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with a strong presence across the United States. Unified by a shared passion for solving complicated problems, our people are our greatest asset. We use technology as a tool to bridge the gap between strategy and execution, powered by the knowledge, skills, and the expertise of our teams, who all have unique perspectives and years of experience across multiple industries. We’re bold, smart, agile, and fun.
What does Blueprint do?
Blueprint helps organizations unlock value from existing assets by leveraging cutting-edge technology to create additional revenue streams and new lines of business. We connect strategy, business solutions, products, and services to transform and grow companies.
At Blueprint, we believe in the power of possibility and are passionate about bringing it to life. Whether you join our bustling product division, our multifaceted services team or you want to grow your career in human resources, your ability to make an impact is amplified when you join one of our teams. You’ll focus on solving unique business problems while gaining hands-on experience with the world’s best technology. We believe in unique perspectives and build teams of people with diverse skillsets and backgrounds. At Blueprint, you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple clients and teams, such as data science and product development, all while learning, growing, and developing new solutions. We guarantee you won’t find a better place to work and thrive than at Blueprint.
We are looking for a Data Engineering Development Manager to join us as we build cutting-edge technology solutions! This is your opportunity to be part of a team that is committed to delivering best in class service to our customers.
In this role, you will lead and mentor a remote team of highly skilled data engineers, overseeing their development plans and performance reviews. Beyond managerial responsibilities, this role demands a hands-on approach, with an expected 50% involvement in coding for Data Engineer projects. This hands-on engagement serves as a model for your team, showcasing your commitment to technical excellence. Join us on this exciting journey where your leadership and technical acumen will play a vital role in shaping the success of our technology solutions.
- Interview, hire, and train new staff.
- Oversee the training and development of the Data Engineer team.
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Make high-level architecture decisions and execute them, with the ability to explain and defend those decisions to all stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Plan and execute successful complex technical projects in an Agile process.
- Model, query, optimize, and analyze large, business-critical datasets.
- Host design and code reviews.
- Collaborate on project plans, deliverables, and timeline estimates for Data Engineer projects.
- Identify resourcing requirements for Data Engineer projects.
- Participate in all stages of implementation, from early brainstorming to design, coding, and bug fixing.
- Evaluate and identify use cases for new technologies.
- Drive vision and alignment internally and across external stakeholders.
- Comfortably speak to patterns and best practices for Data Engineering teams.
Technical Skills Foundation
- Proficient in Python, R, or Scala with a fundamental understanding of their use.
- Skilled with Cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, GCP, Snowflake.
- Skilled with Big Data frameworks such as PySpark, Hadoop, etc.
- Skilled with Open-source database platforms, particularly MySQL.
- Skilled with Git for version control of code repositories.
- Proficient in modeling tools such as ERWin, DBeaver, Lucid, SQLDBM, or Visio.
- Skilled with RDBMS Development tools: SQL Enterprise Manager, Visual Studio, Azure Data Studio.
Data Processing and Management
- Skilled with Modern Data Estate patterns: Medallion architecture.
- Skilled with Databricks concepts: batch, streaming, autoloader, etc.
- Skilled with Cloud diagnostics, logging, and performance monitoring/tuning.
- Skilled with understanding data shoveling tools: ADF, Fivetran, Airflow, etc.
- Skilled with Data Governance concepts and tools.
- Skilled with Data rule and Business rule application (schema vs Great expectations).
- Skilled with CI/CD.
Advanced Data Engineering
- Expert in Data wrangling skills with csv, tsv, parquet, and json files.
- Expert in Database I/O skills -- writing/reading structured and unstructured DBs.
- Expert in Debugging, documentation, testing, and optimization skills.
- Expert in explaining DE concepts to business stakeholders.
- Skilled with providing hands-on-code support for blocked/struggling team members.
- Proficiency in configuring and fine-tuning Databricks settings for optimal performance and resource utilization.
- Experience in managing the Unity Catalog within Databricks, ensuring efficient organization and retrieval of metadata.
- Competency in implementing robust access control measures within Databricks to safeguard data and maintain compliance.
- Expertise in scheduling and monitoring jobs within Databricks, ensuring timely and accurate execution.
- Proficiency in configuring security settings within Databricks to protect sensitive data and maintain a secure environment.
Leadership and Collaboration
- Strong people skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, and operate within ambiguity.
- Skilled in working effectively and delivering value in ambiguous settings.
- Skilled in communicating and collaborating effectively with a remote team.
- Skilled in communicating effectively with interdisciplinary teams of various technical skill levels.
- Expert in communicating effectively with leadership and executives.
- Expert in defining incremental deliverables to deliver value quickly and iterate.
- Expert in prioritizing new projects/features in accordance with LOE and potential value.
- Skilled in establishing short and long-term vision/goals for the team.
- Skilled in establishing policies and principles for the team.
- Expert in converting business needs into technical requirements.
- Skilled in mentoring other Data Engineers.
- Skilled with interviewing and selecting new team members according to the needs of the team.
- Skilled in working with internal groups such as Marketing and Sales on collaborative strategies.
- Skilled in contributing to presales conversations with prospective clients.
- Experience with Azure required; AWS strongly preferred.
Pay ranges vary based on multiple factors including, without limitation, skill sets, education, responsibilities, experience, and geographical market. The pay range for this position reflects geographic based ranges for Washington state: $164,900 to $207,200 USD/annually. The salary/wage and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience and may be outside this range.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blueprint Technologies, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, orientation, veteran/military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital, or familial status, genetic information, citizenship, or any other status protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Blueprint believe in the importance of a healthy and happy team, which is why our comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k program
- Competitive PTO offerings
- Parental Leave
- Opportunities for professional growth and development