At Acxiom, our vision is to transform data into value for everyone. Our data products and analytical services enable marketers to recognize, better understand and then deliver highly applicable messages to consumers across any available channel. The Audience Solutions division is responsible for enabling true people-based marketing with identity resolution and rich descriptive and predictive audience segmentation. We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist with a versatile skill set to undertake data science supporting the development of next-generation products for Acxiom’s business.
As part of the Audience Solutions Analytic COE, the Data Scientist will work hands-on with Machine Learning and Big Data technologies and build scalable machine learning data products and solutions for our domestic and global businesses. The Data Scientist’s responsibilities include collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to identify insight requirements and applying creativity to test hypotheses, prepare data, build models, analyze and visualize results and integrate the solution into innovative data products. The Data Scientist will be a champion of the latest and greatest Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence technologies.
This role can be home-based in the US.
What You Will Do:
- Apply state-of-the-art algorithms relying on knowledge of statistical modeling, machine learning, and optimization to develop new data products or improve the performance/quality of existing products
- Build, evaluate and optimize models which incorporate machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand business and insight goals, define a learning agenda, and identify relevant KPIs and diagnostics to pursue
- Collaborate with other data scientists and team leads to define project requirements including data sources, algorithms, and implementation
- Build expert knowledge of the various data sources brought together for audience segmentation solutions – survey/panel data, 3rd-party data (demographics, psychographics, lifestyle segments), media content activity (TV, Digital, Mobile), and product purchase or transaction data
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to transition development projects to production systems
- Prepare and present compelling analytical presentations and effectively communicate complex concepts to marketing and business audiences
- Provide mentorship and guidance to data scientists where necessary
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field (Data Science, Statistics, Math) or related degree programs and 5+ years of relevant work experience OR Master's Degree in a quantitative field and 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with applying statistics and data science tools on large datasets
- Deep knowledge of supervised vs. unsupervised learning algorithms, including neural networks/deep learning, SVM, decision trees (bagging, random forests, boosting), clustering, regression, and dimensionality reduction techniques
- Expert at model training approaches, hyperparameter tuning, tuning learning rates, and model evaluation approaches
- Extensive experience with data preparation (normalization, scaling, etc.) for modeling
- Exposure to Python or R libraries for machine learning
- Exposure to Spark/ PySpark systems in a distributed computing environment
- SQL mastery, including techniques for writing efficient code over large datasets
- Experience using Hadoop stack, including Hive and Impala. Knowledge of Apache-based open source technologies such as Storm, Cassandra, Ruby, etc. a plus
- Ability to leverage critical data-driven thinking and enthusiasm for translating data into actionable insight to generate consistently accurate and useful analysis and models
- Balances desire for quantitative rigor with realities of inconsistent business data
- Attention to detail and time management delivering high-quality work for multiple projects across several engagements while meeting deadlines
Primary Location City/State:
Homebased - Conway, Arkansas
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Acxiom is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, military status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics or other protected status.