The future of work is now and it's human-centered. Aware empowers employees and organizations with behavior-driven, real-time signals from the workplace. The revolutionary platform is the leading force for digital collaboration insights, giving companies a better understanding of their workforce and the ability to manage the risks associated with digital conversations and remote collaboration. Aware enables enterprises to overcome common legal and compliance barriers to collaboration adoption, address growing data risks and insider threat concerns, and empower employees by creating more empathetic, flexible, and human-centric workplaces.
The Behavioral Intelligence team at Aware is tasked with developing novel predictive and analytic data solutions for the Aware platform, the industry's only purpose-built platform for understanding unstructured collaboration data.
Aware is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Behavioral Intelligence team. As a member of the team, you will leverage modern techniques of natural language processing, machine learning, and statistics to derive insight into the patterns and character of communications in corporate collaboration networks (such as Microsoft Teams, Slack, Workplace from Facebook, and Zoom).
We are looking for team members who
- Are interested in working in cross-functional teams of product managers, engineers, and designers to understand and fulfill the needs of our customers
- Embrace experimentation with new tools and approaches to building models capable of processing millions of messages and images and thousands of hours of audio and video each day
- Have the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with non-technical business partners, including the Product, Marketing, and Finance teams
- Are self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-changing environment
As a Data Scientist at Aware you will embrace the role of "full-stack" data scientist, which will often require you to acquire and clean raw data, engage internal and external partners to obtain labels for that data, develop machine learning and statistical models, deploy models to production, and monitor the models for performance. To meet these, you will need to:
- Collaborate with diverse teams from Product, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales to develop customer-facing predictive models to be deployed on the Aware platform
- Develop, train, and maintain statistical and machine learning models to analyzing unstructured, natural language data; images, audio, and video; as well as structured business metrics and statistics
- Design and implement end-to-end data pipelines capable of feeding real time data products. This will include interacting with a variety of data tools to source, clean, and feature engineer raw data; productionize and deploy machine learning models; and monitor those models for performance
- Communicate with Product, Customer Success, Marketing, and Sales to craft layman descriptions of the ML methods used, so that customers can understand how their data are being analyzed, mapping these to their business needs
- Ph.D. or Masters degree in a quantitative field (statistics, biostatistics, economics, quantitative behavioral sciences) *or* 2-4 years of experience applying advanced quantitative modeling techniques to problems in industry
- Deep theoretical knowledge of topics such as statistical inference and machine learning, including a working knowledge of forecasting and time series analysis, hypothesis testing, anomaly detection, classification, and regression
- Experience developing natural language processing (NLP); computer vision; or predictive statistical models on large datasets
- Demonstrable expertise developing machine learning and statistical models in Python (experience with R or Julia a plus), including experience with frameworks such as Pytorch, Tensorflow, Spacy, NLTK, OpenCV, and Tesseract.
- Strong SQL skills and working knowledge of Git and Docker
- Experience with open source data visualization tools, such as Shiny, ggplot2, Lattice, plotly, and matplotlib
- Some familiarity with Amazon Sagemaker, Jupyter Lab, Apache Airflow or other ETL/data orchestration platforms a plus
Aware serves some of the largest enterprises in the world, in doing so we can provide them insights into their diversity and inclusion efforts. Because of this, Aware strives to cultivate its own diverse culture so we can better understand those we serve. If you share our values and enthusiasm for making companies better, you’ll find a home at Aware.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
A FEW PERKS OF WORKING FOR AWARE
• Company Equity
• 100% paid monthly health insurance for you and your family
• 401K match
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Open vacation policy
• Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks at HQ
• Flexible/Remote working options
• Cross-functional, open learning environment