Meet Zartico, the world’s first Destination Operating System.
Zartico’s mission is to empower DMOs to be better stewards of the world’s tourist destinations through improved data intelligence and decision-making. Makers of the first Destination Operating System, Zartico harnesses and streamlines complex data to provide a full-spectrum of data science, benchmarking and analytical services for use in marketing, community development and sustainability efforts. Based in Salt Lake City, Utah, Zartico has over thirty years of experience in technology, tourism, and destination, travel and tourism marketing.
Zartico is looking to add a Data Scientist to the team. In this role, you will be designing and developing new tools, architecture, and models to flexibly extract actionable information from large, complex data sets. To be successful in this role, you will need a strong background in mathematical and statistical reasoning, comfortability programming (SQL and Python required), experience designing, evaluating and testing models with/on complex data sets, and an ability to problem solve effectively in ambiguous settings.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and deploy new methods to clean, evaluate, and aggregate large, complex data sets in a flexible, modularized way.
- Routinely engage in best-practices of documentation.
- Develop new models for forecasting, anomaly detection, and classification problems with large data sets.
- Help translate new software product features into clearly defined data science problems well-suited to the specific limitations of the raw data and the technical infrastructure.
- Work closely with various departments to test and implement data science models and tools at-scale.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience in data science, statistics, mathematical modeling, and/or machine learning (postgraduate research may count towards this experience depending on relevance).
- Proficiency in SQL and Python, and general programming mastery.
- Comprehensive understanding of basic statistical and/or machine learning models.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Self-directed and adaptable, with excellent problem-solving skills.
- The capacity to communicate one’s technical work on multiple levels, including to non-technical audiences.
- Experience creating detailed documentation around one’s models and/or code.
- Experience creating customized mathematical models and algorithms from scratch.
- Deep knowledge of fundamental principles of machine learning.
Education and Certifications:
- PhD in a quantitative field, with a preference for Mathematics, Astrophysics and Physics (strong mathematical focus required)
- We believe in a growth mindset. We are a learning organization.
- We emphasize focus because we know that to achieve big dreams, you have to execute and get the small stuff right.
- We lead with inclusion and value diversity. We believe in diversity of thought, perspective, and experience. Diversity of experience and perspectives creates a more robust product and more beautiful world.
- We dream in color and code.
- We hustle.
- We are humble and know that the sum of our parts is greater than any one of us as individuals.
- Above all else, we do the right thing. We believe in transparency, honesty and integrity.
We believe travel and tourism is a force for good because it builds connection, understanding, and appreciation of our world’s cultures, history and natural resources. We believe data and the right metrics allow us to make better decisions because transparent data helps focus on the right issues, problems and therefore, solutions, to be better stewards of our world's most precious destinations.
We’re building a global community—one that’s safe for people of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When you join our team, you join the Zartico family.