Stripe is the best software platform for running an internet business. We handle hundreds of billions of dollars every year for millions of businesses around the world. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year.
With all this data, we’re looking for a talented data scientist to join the Data Science team to help us better understand our users, build better products, and optimize our operation. If you are data curious, excited about deriving insights from data, and motivated by having impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
- Help build Stripe’s Company Universe, an internal data product that comprises vast firmographic data as well as machine learning models.
- Incorporate new statistical modeling and/or machine learning methods to improve and add to existing models, such as our Customer Lifetime Value and Startup Identification models
- Lead Data Science efforts to define our customer segmentation using Company Universe data
- Evaluate and integrate new data sources to expand the international scope of our data
- Empower Stripe’s Sales team to generate a high-value pipeline, Stripe’s Marketing team to better understand and action their leads, and many more high-value use cases
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years experience working with and analyzing large data sets to solve problems
- A PhD or MS in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Sciences, Economics, Engineering, CS)
- Expert knowledge of Python and SQL
- Prior experience with data-distributed tools (Scalding, Spark, Hadoop, etc)
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experimental design
- Experience working with multiple cross-functional teams to deliver results
- The ability to communicate results clearly and a focus on driving impact