SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at http://www.siriusxm.com/careers.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data Science & Advanced Analytics team in SiriusXM Marketing. We seek an individual with strong data management, data engineering and statistical skills. In this role, you will work closely with the data science team and our IT and business stakeholders to build predictive models to increase subscription revenue and improve customer experience, create centralized machine learning tools, evaluate data quality, and create and maintain dashboards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop machine learning models to increase subscription revenue and improve customer experience.
- Work closely with engineers to deploy models in production and systematically track model performance, including creating and monitoring the dashboards.
- Evaluation new data sources. Perform data exploration and analysis to determine coverage of new data, to evaluate correlation to Sirius XM key business metrics, to determine the importance of various variables and provide recommendations on whether the data source provides incremental value to Sirius XM.
- Assist in engagements with key business stakeholders in discussions on business strategies and opportunities.
- Prepare and present executive summaries of findings and detailed working team communications, with responsive iterations on such presentations based on individual data visualization preferences.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years analyzing and providing insights using data; or Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Physics, or a related quantitative field.
- 3+ years building machine learning and statistical models for supervised and unsupervised learning, understanding of underlying algorithms, ability to tune and analyze algorithms and extract actionable insights. These methods include (but are not limited to) regression analysis, clustering, outlier detection, decision trees, collaborative filtering, nearest neighbors and ensemble methods
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, especially within IT/BI and Marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adept ability to explain complex data products in simple terms
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Exceptional programming skills in Python and/or R
- Strong knowledge of databases and related languages/tools such as Teradata SQL
- Experience with cloud technologies, especially AWS services (e.g. S3, Redshift, SageMaker)
- Knowledge of deep learning packages (Keras, Tensorflow, etc.) is a plus
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP) is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
More details about our company benefits can be found https://jobs.jobvite.com/siriusxm/p/cultureanddiversity!
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.