Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square's Payments Platform is an open, global financial services platform for developers who serve sellers. It provides the necessary components to manage identity, process payments across multiple channels, hold and transfer funds, and provide accounting, reconciliation, and reporting in a secure and compliant way.
You'll be the data science tech lead for Trusted Identity - the product organization that enables sellers to start taking payments with Square. Trusted Identity ensures that we know who we're doing business with and keep up-to-date with our sellers as their businesses change and grow. Customers rely on this platform to make it painless to stay within the bounds of the law regardless of how their business evolves. You will partner directly with engineering managers, product managers, and software engineers on Trusted Identity, and you will report to Wafa Soofi, manager of data science and machine learning for the Payments Platform.
- Work directly with engineering, design, and product leaders to develop and execute a multi-year data strategy for Trusted Identity.
- Drive the Trusted Identity product roadmap via data-driven insights. You will work with product and engineering to ensure data models and instrumentation are in place, defining organizational north-star metrics, and interpreting those metrics for critical roadmap decisions.
- Monitor and optimize product experience and processes via automation. You will design and build schemas and data pipelines/ETLs, build dashboards, and design/run A/B tests.
- Direct the work of, and provide mentorship to, junior team members through feedback, coaching, and hands-on technical guidance
- Identify new opportunities for the data science team to pursue in partnership with product and engineering teams.
- 1+ year(s) of technical leadership experience in a data science or product analytics role
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in data science and product analytics
- Experience designing and executing a multi-quarter roadmap for a data team.
- Experience applying data engineering, data analytics, and data science techniques to business and product problems
- Expertise with SQL, Python, and/or other analytics languages/tools and visualization
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.